cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single WBS assignment in SODS line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In our business there is a requirement that in a particular sales order all the line items must have different WBS elements that means if a WBS is assigned already in sales order line item then we cant use the same WBS for other line items in the same sales order. This, business people want to conceptualize to avoid : 1)double MRP run against same WBS  2)to avoid replacement of WBS in SODS line item after production order creation against the previous assigned WBS .

This seems to me that it will probably create problems in future in a way that "if a customer returns a product ( for some alteration/modifications in its dimensions) after delivery from a particular WBS and when we re-run the MRP against the same WBS then it wont be allowed."

Am I right in my assumption ?

Please suggest me based on your experience that what could be the other possible implication of the same?

Is it the right way to achieve the above mentioned requirement through user-exits? (I've asked with SD guy for any possible std. way but could not found the one )

Thanks & Regards

Manas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having a different WBS element for each sales order line item is standard functionality

This can be achieved by not activating single root for project profile and activating the SD/PS indicator in the Std WBS template used for assembly processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. We are not using assembly processing here. I am concerned about the operative objects only.

Regards

Manas

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, you have nothing to do from PS side.

And secondly, your requirement can not be fulfilled in standard SAP system. You need to go for development.

Yes in case of return from customer you'll have challenge. But explain this scenario to your developer and ask him to consider this scenario when he does development.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amaresh!!

But my concern is to know the possible business implications of such development/business.

And I am very clear about the develop process like for the same I would check the delivery data from LIPS table and use some std. user exits but I am not comfortable with such development because  SAP would might have thought of some business flexibilities and implications  while providing the option of double MRP run against the same SODS line item(WBS account assigned) and replacement of WBS element into it after production order creation or some SODS line item account assigned PO's.

To know, about those possible/std. thoughts which might have come in the mind of scientists regarding the same issue at the time of SAP development, are my real concern.

Would be delighted if I could get some logical possibilities on the same.

Regards

Manas

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you elobrate on your business process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

The process is:

Project creation> Sales Order creation>Material reservation under project NWA> PP cycle takes place(BOM cost estimate,MRP,Planned order>Production order & PR creation,GI)> Stock transfer to project> Delivery through VL01N.

Regards

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

You can assing one WBS element to multiple SO line items.

to avoid confusion and identification purpose, do not use the same WBS. Extend your project structrue with more WBS elements corresponding to your SO line items.

Whenever you are using same WBS elements,after execution of MRP system creates requirements for one WBS element because you have referenced one WBS element only.

You can use RMA process for Customer returns and its standard process being followed. Discuss with your SD consultant on this one. 

Regards,

Sudhakar 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

I understand that creating new WBS is the most recommended option to avoid confusion . If we go by the definition of WBS i.e. A Work Package then we should not insist on creating new WBS (and creating new SODS line item) if customer's requirement are not completely met for our previously created SO line item and WBS.

However, I could think of creating a child WBS for the new SO line item and run the MRP again but even then it will create confusion and make the users feel that the FG is delivered against the first SO line item but practically it is not completed yet.

Secondly,I was more concerned on the implication of avoiding double MRP against single WBS by some development.As after MRP run users may change the WBS and material number of SODS line item and that creates problems during delivery and dispatch and for that our SD team was insisting on controlling it through developments. And, I don't feel comfortable of these developments as I mentioned above. And, I want to know some strong implications of that and the also the possibilities based on which such things/changes/flexibilities were considered standard.

Hope, I've made my points clear now.

Regards

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

>>>>>

I am pasting here from your post

1)double MRP run against same WBS  2)to avoid replacement of WBS in SODS line item after production order creation against the previous assigned WBS.

<<<<<

1. Double MRP run against same WBS> system will keep running the MRP as scheduled in the background or manually. it does not change the values. I am not clear what is the confusion here.

2. you can set up validation check to restric the replace of WBS after creation of production order from SO line item. Check with your SD consultant to create validation.

Regards,

Sudhakar