cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this delivery number which has missing sales order.

I opened the doc flow and still the SO is not appearing.

In the practice of my client, there is sales order always before delivery order.

1. what causes this?

2. how can I find the connected sales order of that delivery order?

3. how can i prevent this from happening?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be because of the deletion of delivery items after creating it.

Please check this link http://scn.sap.com/message/5911060 and go through Thiago Pierson's reply

Phani Prasad

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phani,

Former Member 's reply is excellent

Thanks for sharing it!

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there was a record in VBFA then it most likely would've been displayed in the document flow.

LIPS-VGBEL/VGPOS fields usually have the preceding document/item. If these are blank then item must have been added directly in the delivery. Check the delivery change log for any changes/deletions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jelena,

I was able to replicate the issue by creating a new delivery and then removing the existing line items and then I input a new material and then I saved it. After saving it, I was able to create a delivery order number without reference to sales order.

How can I prevent this from happening? I mean deleting all of the items and then manually inputting a new material on the delivery order?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anwar,

Could you please investigate why the user is creating a delivery with reference to a sales order and then deleting all the line items? (and creating new line items in the delivery).

I think training can help in solving this issue.

E.g. if a delivery is to be created with line items different from a sales order then delivery type LO (or a copy thereof) could be used.

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is just because in delivery line items has been deleted which linked to sales order,& then again it has been eneterd may be same item or different manualy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can I prevent that from happening?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from the above suggestions, make sure in t.code VTLA,at item level, the update document flow needs to be checked in order to see the previous document attached to delivery document.

Regards,

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

to check out a 'relationship' simply run VTLA and look whether your delivery type is linked to sales document type...

regards,

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and second,

(if you're sure the sales order must exist)

run SE11 (SE16) for table VBFA, put your delivery number as VBELN field and try to find out VBELV which would be your sales order number (set up VBTYP_N = 'J')

regards,

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

First make sure this Process as starts from Delivery without reference sales order or not in outbound delivery document.

Thanks,

Naren