cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D3DXAssembleShader Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.

I am the technical leader of Right Connect Korea. Our Customer are using VE Author 7.0.3.69.

However. It has some problems to change materials. When he try to change material of objects, It doesn't work well.

Error is the below messages.

Shader failed : Vertext Shader

ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND : D3DXAssembleShader

He can't install the latest patch(7.0.5.75) to his machine. It also has some problems.

If you have any advice, please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jong-Ki,

two issues - (1) Materials and (2) Update patch

Concerning (1) - is this something that happens with all files? Or is it specific to one data set. Has your customer been able to do this before? (on the same hardware) . What graphics setting is the customer using (Direct X, Open GL, Z Buffer)

Concerning (2) possibly the download is not ok - what is the error message?

You are welcome to email me your answers direct,

Regards,

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah

Nice to meet you. Thanks for your kind support.

Customer setting is DirectX 9.0. The specific user's hardware only happens this error.

His role is the product designer. So He installed other design softwares. For example Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, and so on. Other user's machine has no problem on this data set.

The error message is below

Shader failed : Vertext Shader

ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND : D3DXAssembleShader

If I have any information, I will update this reply.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jong-Ki,

Thank you for your reply , I will have to ask our experts what this error is pointing at. Sounds a bit unusual. Also do you know what sort of graphics card the customer is using on this system?

In parallel I think we should try and get the customer upgraded to 7.0.5.75, please email me , and I will send you a link for the executable. You never know, this might fix the error.

Sarah