cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty error code in alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured an alert rule for errors in Integration Engine.

All is right when I test it : I get well an alert when for example a mapping error occured. The alert contains the error code (SXMS_ERROR_CODE), the message id (SXMS_MSG_GUID), ...

The problem is that I receive also alerts with no error code and no message id. I have only the sender service, namespace and interface. And I receive those alerts at time when no message is sent.

Can anybody help me? How can I find the error without error code and without message id? And why are these two variables empty?

Thanks in advance,

Laurence

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

<i>The problem is that I receive also alerts with no error code and no message id. I have only the sender service, namespace and interface. And I receive those alerts at time when no message is sent.</i> - since no msg was there, so Msg ID field is not filled.

in RWB, in alert management, just pick your alert category......give alert rule.. error occured....for integration engine...... error category -application.....error code as *..then your alert will be triggered for the scenarios in error......so when no msg is sent, no scenario is invoked, so no alert will be triggered........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Can you tell me more about the others error categories (other than Application category) : XI Adapter, XI Protocol, XI Proxy and XI Server. What are the errors of these categories ?

A second point : if alert is triggered, it's because an error occured. I understand that there can have no message id, but if an error occured, there must be at least the error code, no?

Thanks in advance,

Laurence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

XI adapter for adapter errors of comm channels of File, RFC, Mail etc....

XI proxy if proxy is not working fine on your XI system....

XI server for server problems like memory issues etc

See error codes are defined in a table....so its quite possible that the error which occured, corresponding to it - there is no entry in that error code table.....so no error code for that errror exists.....but since that error occurred, so alert was generated.........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

If no error code exists for an error, how can I solve it?

Are there others container variables than SXMS_ERROR_CODE, like an error id?

Is it possible to see in a specific transaction all the errors occured?

Thanks in advance,

Laurence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

as i have said above:

"in RWB, in alert management, just pick your alert category......give alert rule.. error occured....for integration engine...... error category -application.....error code as *..then your alert will be triggered for the scenarios in error......so when no msg is sent, no scenario is invoked, so no alert will be triggered........"

Have you done this thing.......do this and after this you will not get any blank error msg alerts in your alert inbox.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

but I also want to have an alert for the others errors...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

ok in alert catergoy definiton, use this variable &SXMS_ERROR_CAT& and see if you still get blank data in your alerts.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

still get blank data with SXMS_ERROR_CAT variable (only for certains alerts, for the other ones, this variable does not return an empty string)

Laurence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

so in those alerts, do you get any inf regarding the origin of alert.......if yes, then what inf you are getting.....

try putting &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT& variable also in your alert....see if still blank alerts come..

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is very little chance that this might be the reason....

Anyways note 947738 says that the container variable is not filled if the length of the variable is greater than 255 and the note does the correction...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have already read this note 947738 and indeed it corresponds to my problem.

But I have SAP_BASIS 7.00 SP 9 which already includes the correction of the note.

Thanks,

Laurence

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have only information about the sender :

- sender service (&SXMS_FROM_SERVICE&)

- sender namespace (&SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE&)

- sender interface (&SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE&)

But

- no message id (&SXMS_ERROR_CODE&)

- no error category (&SXMS_ERROR_CAT&)

- no error code (&SXMS_ERROR_CODE&)

- no information about the receiver (&SXMS_TO_SERVICE&, &SXMS_TO_NAMESPACE&, &SXMS_TO_INTERFACE&)

I have added the &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT& variable and I get the following value : "An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '10.26.7.150:21'. The FTP s-". It's strange because I configure the alert rule only for the Integration Engine, not for the Adapter Engine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

<i>The FTP s-". It's strange because I configure the alert rule only for the Integration Engine, not for the Adapter Engine.</i> - its not strange because in the alert rule you have said integration engine and error category * so all the errors of scenarios, adapters, proxies will generate alerts.......

now go to RWB->Component monitoring->adapter monitoring-> see File adapters... see which adapter is in error for this FTP server conn.....rectify the comm channel and activate it....so your blank alerts will not come then...

So by &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT& you can get the adapter error msg.........I think &SXMS_ERROR_CAT& and &SXMS_ERROR_CODE& variables relate only to scenario errors of mapping so adapter errors are not covered in them.. so you were getting no data for these variables for your FTP server adapter issue......

Hope this solves your query.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, now it's clearer.

The problem now is that there are no file adapters in error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

Ok.......just have a look at all your File adapters, where are you using FTP and this server '10.26.7.150:21'........just check whether the scenario which involves this comm channel is working fine currently or not.........if suppose you have a comm channel for FTP '10.26.7.150:21' and you now dont need this comm channel, then either delete this comm channel or make it inactive and then activate your this change.

if there is no comm chanel for this '10.26.7.150:21' FTP server, just ask your basis guys which machine is this :'10.26.7.150:21' ........and why XI is trying to connect to this machine......your basis guys may tell you this thing......just rectify this thing..then you will not get your blank alerts.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check following:

In RWB:

- Alert triggered for "No restriction", "Integration Engine", "Adapter Engine".

I think your alert rule is configured for Adapter engine. and if you are wondering that all adapters are fine and you are still getting alert about FTP adapter then please check communication channel monitoring.

Component Monitoring->adapter engine->communication channel monitoring.

Select all communication channel in error press "filter".

BTW: Alert framework fills all the variables if value is available so do not surprise to see alert related to adapter even if you configured your rule for integration engine.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Gourav

--

please reward points if it helps you

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your Long Test / SHort Text did you use the Container Variables as <b>&SXMS_MSG_GUID&</b> ?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, and I get the message id in certains alerts, but not in all.

Kind regards,

Laurence

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> yes, and I get the message id in certains alerts, but

> not in all.

>

> Kind regards,

> Laurence

Can you check the Alert Category that is triggered for the Alerts in which the Message Id is present and the Alerts in which there is no message Id?

I have a feeling there are multiple Alert Categories and maybe one of them does not have the Message Id etc in it declared.

Also look into note : 913858 and see if it has some info that helps?

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I have checked the alert category, all is right.

I have already read the note 913858 but without solution

Regards,

Laurence