cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling ITS Application from Web Dynpro ABAP application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am calling a web dynpro application from ITS but not sure how to go back to ITS application when i clicked on "BACK" button on Webdynpro application .

Can anyone please let me know how can I go back to ITS screen when click on back button from WebDynpro? Please provide me sample code if there is any.

I was trying to use below code but it will open a new external window but I want to go back to the same ITS application instead of opening a new window when I click on 'BACK" button from WD Application.

data:  lo_window_manager type ref to if_wd_window_manager.

data:  lo_api_component  type ref to if_wd_component.

data:  lo_window         type ref to if_wd_window.

data:  ld_url type string.

lo_api_component  = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

ld_url = 'http://www.sapdev.co.uk/sap/bc/bsp/sap/zew_print/print.htm?dataid=12345'.

CALL METHOD lo_window_manager->CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW

EXPORTING

URL            = ld_url   "'http://www.sapdev.co.uk'

RECEIVING

WINDOW         = lo_window.

lo_window->open( ).

Points will be rewarded.

Thank You.

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using EXIT plug.

check this ref article: EXIT plug in Web Dynpro ABAP

hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I was able to go back to ITS screen from WD Application. But I am facing one small issue and not sure how to get it resolved.

Basically, I am calling WD application from ITS Page, In the 1 st WD Application, I have added 2 buttons, 1 st button to call another WD Application and 2nd button is for go back to ITS screen.

When I click on 2nd button without clicking on 1st button, i can go back to ITS screen but when i clicked on 1st button and after that 2nd button, my application is not going back to ITS screen. any Idea why i was not able to go back to ITS Screen if I click 2nd button after some action in my 1st WD application.

Please give me some clarifications.

Thank YOu.

Shyam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dhivya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Use Fire_Exit_To_Url_plg method. hen you use CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW, the url will open in new window only. So comment those coding.

Thanks,

Dhivya