Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to persist information in SAP PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

How to persist information in SAP PI 7.3 Single Java Stack

is it possible and advisable to persist information in SAP PI ?

I need to store a session id and timestamp in each interface call and then do a lookup for the value in my mapping, check whether that session is valid if invalid fetch new session id and then insert/ update the lookup table with the new value.

As i am doing this lookup in a synchronous call of ABAP PROXY --> SAP PI --> Webservice. In my request mapping I want to do this lookup. So my whole logic will increase the throughput time and I want to go with the best approach.

The approaches which comes into my mind is :

1. Store in ABAP ztables. Is this possible in SAP PI 7.3 Java only as I don't have ABAP engine. If I am storing in SAP ECC instead of SAP PI then want to know on the performance.
  2. Store in local tables and do jdbc lookup ? Does SAP give provisions to create some local tables on SAP PI side and use it at runtime.
  3. Store in value mapping. Can I use this at runtime to query and insert/ update values.
  4. Do file lookups.
  5. is it possible and advisable to persist information in a local enterprise bean used in receiver SOAP adapter module chain?

If yes, please give me information on how to do it. Code examples are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Hemanthika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemantika,

• Store in ABAP ztables. Is this possible in SAP PI 7.3 Java only as I don't have ABAP engine. If I am storing in SAP ECC instead of SAP PI then want to know on the performance.

No, you can't.

• Store in local tables and do jdbc lookup ? Does SAP give provisions to create some local tables on SAP PI side and use it at runtime.

Not recommended, performing operations on PI data base always risky,never try this approach.

• Store in value mapping. Can I use this at runtime to query and insert/ update values.

I dont think you can store values for your requirement,my answer is not possible

• Do file lookups.

If you have a data base then create a table and store it on external data base and perform JDBC look up.

or

Use File look up, using UDF /JAVA Mapping you can do file lookup.

• is it possible and advisable to persist information in a local enterprise bean used in receiver SOAP adapter module chain?

No,as per my exp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Isn't there any way I can persist a value in SAP PI.

Each time I am making a call to the webservice it returns a string token, I need to persist this token to reuse it next time. If it is exhausted then fetch a new session and persist the new one.

There should be some way to handle this at adapter module level.

Or can I use properties file and then read and write to the properties file in the EJB.jar file.

Thx in advance

Hemantika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanthika,

I need some help regarding the development you have done for storing the token and sign values in PI.How did you achieved this please let me know.

Here i have an RFC lookup for this scenario to update it in abap tables.Is there any option to achieve this, i mean using value mapping (changing the values dynamically)or some lookup to access the database tables.

my mail id : venkatdasari333 @gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanthika/Venkat,

Can you let me know if you were able to find any solution to the above. If so please provide me the steps at mona.x.lalwani@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any suggestions for me.

Thx in advance.

Hemantika