cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario where i am reading a file and creating a Idoc in ECC system. So it's a File- PI -Idoc scenario.

Now my client wants that the Idoc XML message which is getting generated in PI 7.31 after doing mapping should be send to their Web service also?

So, Please tell me how to achieve this scenario.

Regards

Vasant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically you need to do multimapping. You can use enhanced interface determination to achieve this.

You basically send the file sender to both webservcie and ecc(idoc).  Are you expecting the response from webservice or asynchronous?

If it is async then enhanced interface determination is good enough.

refer this document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

if you expect response from web service (sync) then you have to go for ccbpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

Thanks for the reply.

It's a asyn scenario and no response is expected. The client wants that the entire Idoc xml which is going to be delivered to ECC should also be send to the Web Service.

The problem is, file which is coming from sender is having close to 9000 invoices and in PI mapping i am doing lot of validations and then creating (9000) Idocs in ECC (changed the occ of Idoc and imported the XSD). So if i do multimapping then i have to perform the same validations for Web service (idoc) message also, so don't you think that it will have a performance issue?

Regards!!

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasant,

1)You can use same existing mapping for both File to IDoc and File to SOAP scenarios but two different operation mappings .

2)9000 IDocs sending to ECC / 9000 IDocs-xml to web service always risky, i think ECC point of view it works but web service scenario you may face issues.

3)You need splitting logic at File adapter level or mapping level to split the data,anyway already complex logic was built in mapping so i advice you to use record set per message option in File channel(if you are using FCC ) to split the file .

Dont use multi mapping just create two different mappings/operation mappings ...

Regards,

Raj