Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oData Sp03 and Duet Enterprise

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/community/duet-enterprise/blog/2012/09/17/just-released-duet-enterprise-10fp1--sp...

Is there some documentation on how we can use the SP03 features of Duet Enterprise?

When i open the /iwtng/bdc_browser I have the option to "Create a BDC model from ODATA service", only then i cannot select the model that i have created via the GWO_GEN (created of course as an oData channel).

What are the steps in the middle to get a oData channel model into the BDC browser transaction?

I'm not an experienced Gateway oData person, so it could be that i'm totally missing something..

Many thanks!

• SAP Managed Tags:
3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michiel,

There is a minor extension to BDC Browser configuration to enable it for usage with ODC iso GSDO:

Create in Service Implementation Workbench an extra configuration (SIMGH -> Service Implementation Workbench -> Define Configuration)

The new configuration is identical to that of GSDO channel ('SAP_GW_SYNC_IN_API'), but with config class '/IWFND/CL_MGW_SB_SIW_CONFIG' (iso '/IWFND/CL_DST_SIW_FLAT_CONFIG'; used for GSDO models).

In BDC Browser / Service settings; next make sure the GSDO or ODC configuration is active; dependent on the channel type of the GW Models for which you intend to generate the service + BDC Model.

Regards, William.

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You may find this newly published development guide for SP03 useful: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33223

Best,

Ella

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michiel,

We only support OData Services that have been created with the Service Builder (SEGW). The ones that you created via SE80 will not be accepted by the BDC Browser.

I hope you find the new guide helpful.

Cheers, Alex

• SAP Managed Tags: