cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API and localization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys and gals,

I've completed almost successfully a small Java client program that can insert und update persons, roles and so on in IDM using the REST API. The only thing that is not working is localization. The Jersey library I am using automatically escapes the characters as needed but this is not understood by IDM although the documentation explicitly says on page 3 you should escape.

Using the Firefox REST Client extension I am able to send data to IDM and this works flawlessly but without escaping anything. I've checked with WireShark to see what is exactly being sent on the wire and there is no escaping done in this case.

Does anybody know how to properly get localization done in Java? Should I use another library? Is there another trick to get this to work? Or this is a bug?

The version I am using is IDM 7.2 SP5. The REST API version is v72alpha.

Functionality I miss (and I had to hardcode/manually configure this in my application):

- A list of supported versions (currently only v72alpha). Must be available without authentication.

- A list of available tasks (including their descriptions and attributes). This depends of course if you're logged in or not.

Thanks,

Sietze

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem by writing my own MessageBodyWriter. It works now but it's a kludge .

Answers (0)