cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open the Web service - Service cannot be reached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I had provided service to the Functional module, when i am trying to access Web service navigator for selected binding using the SOAMANAGER T code. It is throwing Below error messages.

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL http://XXXXXXX.net:XXXXXX/wsnavigator/jsps/explorer.jsp call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

If the system doen't have Java stock, I hope we can't access the SOAMANAGER itself. And the service is also in active mode.

Could somebody please let me know where it went wrong.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

If the system doen't have Java stock, I hope we can't access the SOAMANAGER itself.

Help me understand your scenario. Did you web service enable your SAP Funtiona Module and you are trying to test it using WSNavigator? Also, do you have a Java stack anywhere in you SAP Landscape (e.g. SAP PI, SAP Portal)? If you do you can configure it to use that Java stack.

If you don't, once you have configured your functional module web service provider in SOAMANAGER, you can also test it using a SOAP test tool like SoapUI.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for you reply, Yes I am using WS enabled function module.We doesn't have other than ECC.

When i am trying to access the service from SOAMANAGER, it is throwing above error message.

Please let me know if it is not clear.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you only have ECC & no Java...

In SOAMANAGER, don't use the "WS Navigator for selected binding" option. There should be another option just above, something like "Open WSDL for selected binding". This will open the WSDL in your internet browser.

You can then use this WSDL in SoapUI to test your function module web service.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I can see the HTTP in the T Code SMICM, does it mean it has Java stack?

Could you please elaborate about SOAPUI? As i doesn't have any idea about it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

HTTP port in SMICM is only relevant for your ECC Abap stack, not Java - maybe check with your Basis team if they have Java stack somewhere in your landscape.

SoapUI is a free Soap test tool. You can download and install it & also get some guides on how to use it off the internet. Also here on SCN you will get some guides on how to test SAP web services using it. All you really need to do is create a project in SoapUI using the WSDL you get from SOAMANAGER. It will automatically assign the endpoint as you have configured your service. Then add some data (like function mdule input parameters) to the Soap Request, put ECC user + password & send.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I feel SOAPUI is the good option, But the bad part is i can not install it in my Client system.

I had installed in my local domain and tried but it is unable to Ping.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

You'll need something to test in client system. Maybe they have some other Soap test tool, like XMLSpy or something?

Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Sorry it is not ECC, it is SCM. But i don't thing problem with the system

Will it doesn't have same things like ECC?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

The concept would be the same. You web-service enable the FM and test using an extenal tool like WS Navigator, SoapUI, any other Soap test tool.

But you will need something to at least unit test that everything is fine on your side.Who will be calling this service? Perhaps they already have a test tool and they are on your network and can allow you to use their test tool? Just a thought...

Regards, Trevor