Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any help is appreciated...

I create a quantity contract and save.  Then I create a call off order with reference to the contract.  I can see that the open contract qty is reduced by the amount.  Then, when I reject the sales order line item, I need to quantity to write back as open to the contract.  This is not happening though.  The line item is rejected and the contract is not updated. 

Can someone guide me to the appropriate place in configuration to enable the write back.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin

There is nothing wrong with your configuration steps, this is the standard SAP behavior, if you will put the rejection reason at the line item of order its quantity will not get back to previous document, because subsequent document (Call of order) exist with that quantity.

Suppose you make a contract with 10 QTY and made a sale order with reference to that contract with 10 QTY and later you found that it was not required then you rejected that sale order and make another Sale order with that contract and did till billing and you find that you can use the rejected one also and now if you will remove the reason for rejection from first sales order and will make further document then via a quantity contract with 10 QTY you will deliver 20 in two sales orders. Which is piratically not possible. This is just a food for thought there are various other reasons too.

Best you can do you close that contract also with sale order and make a new one. And if you don't have quantity check at the item level of SO, please make it "zero" and reject then save it and then you can use that contract to make a new SO.

And if you have permission to delete the line item (**this is not advisable and does not support AUDIT), delete it and save it via clicking the "Sold to Party".

Hope this will clear your views.

Thanking you

Ashish Mishra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case it is really wired, all the calloffs created for the Contract quantities but still few quantities showing open in contract. Can anyone help here?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin Kumar,

Please confirm whether you are using Quantity Contract or Value Contract.

It should reflect in the Quantity Contract. There is a field called "Order Quantity". It reflects the quantity for which release order is created. If the reason of rejection set in the sales order, it surely reflects in the contract. please check.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Your question is not clear, will you do explain in details what is the actual business requirement.

Thanks

AJC