Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RA Key default for WBS element?

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Please let me whether it is possible to have RA key default for WBS element while creation of project.

I have maintained RA key at Project Definition in spro, and I have noticed that RA key is defaulted in project if the project is through CJ20n project builder, but in our company we dont use project builder, we create projects thorugh CJ01 only using std project def templates.

To run kka2, i am manually giving RA key in each project through CJ02 and running KKA2.

I want to have RA key  by default while creationg of the projects through CJ01. for future projects atleast.

thanks/srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ediga,

I think, yes it is possible to have RA key defaulted while creating projects through CJ01 provided you have maintained RA key in Controlling tab of Project profile.

For testing purpose, I have just taken Project profile where RA key is maintained.

When I have tried to create project through CJ01 for this project profile, it was observed RA key is defaulted in Control Tab of Project & WBS element.

Regards

Tushar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the RA key can be defaulted from the project profile during the project creation, as MRD and Tushar mentioned.

When the project is created using a template, if the profile is the same between the template project and target project, the profile data is not re-read.
However, if the profile is different, the profile data will be read and therefore, the RA kay overwritten with the data contained in the profile.

Regards, Gordon

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I agree with all,  yes I have made defaulted the RA key for the projects created  through CJ01 provided also maintain RA key in the Std project def template created through CJ91 at control tab.

Thanks to all for an immediate solutions.

This post closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Great, you may close the thread.

Regards, Gordon

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

If you have maintained under project profile it will work for CJ02 also. While creating project from CJ01  the project profile is manadatory I hope.

Regards,

MRD