cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change DDIC to system user type

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to seek some advice whether I can DDIC to user type system. Currently in the system, DDIC is set as dialog user. DDIC is used to do the background job of STMS, so I would like to know whether it will affect anything if it is changed to user type system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swiber,

DDIC is by default "DIALOG" user and is not recommended to change the type of it, better leave it as it is ensuring that it has the group as "SUPER". If you got some concerns related to security please find the information on protecting these users :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/52/67179f439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

DDIC is used to do the background job of STMS, so I would like to know whether it will affect anything if it is changed to user type system.

DDIC is used for running STMS batch job in client 000 and some other jobs, keeping it intact in "000" you can change its type in other clients, there would be no issues in general.

Have you got any specific need for changing its type ?

Regards,

Sujit

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your reply.

I plan to change this user in other client. I will not touch it in client '000'. I need to change it because there is concern from auditor that DDIC is a privilege user ID, so it should be locked. Since it is needed for STMS, so I plan to switch it to user type System. This means that as long as I don't change the setting in client '000', it should be fine right?

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I need to change it because there is concern from auditor that DDIC is a privilege user ID, so it should be locked. Since it is needed for STMS, so I plan to switch it to user type System. This means that as long as I don't change the setting in client '000', it should be fine right?

You can secure the access from unauthorized users for 000 and yes its fine, Production client is the main concern for Auditors so go ahead and change (i.e. change type,lock ) if required in it.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SreeniC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Swiber,

Usage type for the "SYSTEM" is for internal use in system like background jobs. There won't be any problem in changing the user type from Dialog to System.

Just to update once if you change the user type to System, you won't be able to login with DDIC user.

Regards,
Sreeni

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Thanks for your reply. For production server, do we need to login using DDIC or any other user ID that can replace it? This is because my purpose is do not want to login using DDIC. Besides, I would like to know if is there any effect on the server if I delete user ID BPINST? 

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Besides, I would like to know if is there any effect on the server if I delete user ID BPINST?

If you are done with your task ( Export/ Import ) and now you are able to login with other super user then you can delete it, it won't create any issue.