cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Listing / Exclusion error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing this issue and it shows a strange behaviour.

We have configured Material listing / exclusion at sales document type level

Listing Cond. Type : A001

Access Sequence : A001

Condition table 001   Customer/Material

925    Plant / Material

Exclusion Type:    B001

Access Sequence: B001

Condition table  001 Customer / Material

950 Cust. group / Mat. type

Now we have maintained condition records for Exclusion and none for Listing.

So accodingly system should allow all the materials.

But to my surprise, I am getting following error     

Material XXXX is not listed and therefore not allowed

When I did the analysis I found on the Listing Access Seq for Condition table 001 I am getting following Message

Message no: 26      Sample reading at header level (preliminary step) already unsuccessful

Can anybody please. I have trying to resolve this for 2 days now..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved.

Taken help from SAP OSS.

Condition tables should always have header fields and item fields.

If there are only item fields ad if we maintain any records for this condition table, then by listing is checked for all the materials.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankit,

Could you please convey the OSS Note number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP OSS NOTE 863767

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

The message you are getting is correct owing to the configuration and master data you have done.

Material listing

This functionality allows you the materials to be used in the sales order. If you use material listing functionality, the materials listed in this condition record can be used in sales order

Material exclusion

This functionality is opposite of material listing. It is used to prevent some materials to be used in sales order processing .If a condition record is maintained for a material in material exclusion, then this material cannot be used in sales order because this material is excluded for order processing.

Accordingly, in your data set up, you have set some materials in exclusion condition type. Hence this material cannot be used in SO. You tried using such material and hence system is proposing you the message that the material is excluded and hence cannot be used in SO.

So, your system works as per the configuration. There is no problem. You only have to revise your understanding of the functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But I think I forgot to mention ..

"

Now we have maintained condition records for Exclusion and none for Listing.

So accordingly system should allow all the other materials which are not maintained in exclusion"

The system is not giving error as per the configuration. I have only maintained exclusion list and not material listing.

According to SAP Standard SAP behavior, if we don't maintain any materials in listing, system allows all the materials to be created in sales order.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankit,

Please remove the assignment of Sales document type with the Listing procedure.

Path is IMG>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Listing/Exclusion

Activate listing/exclusion  by Sales document type

And then test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You are asking me to deactivate Material Listing.

My issue is I need Material listing activated for some of the customers.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Then please check if any records for material listing have been created for this customer.

VB03, condition type A001, for this customer please check whether records exist for any of the two condition tables (001, 925)

Former Member
0 Kudos

was my first step after I faced the issue.. anyways.. the answer is no.. I have not maintained any condition records.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please create a sales order, with the same sales document type, for another customer, for which no listing is maintained, with the same material.

Are you getting any error message?

Create a sales order for a different sales document type, for the same customer (for which you are getting the initial error message) with the same material.

Are you getting the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done the first scenario and yes I am getting the error for another customers.

Cant do it for another sales document type, its not available but I am sure the problem is independent of these.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankit,

I have tested listing in my system. It works fine.

Please check if any listing condition record is applicable and thus extracted, during the sales order creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Works fine in my dev server as well.. there seems to be some problem in QAS and PRD.