cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show capitalized Asset in a project

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All, we have a scenario where the Purchase Order has been created after the asset has been capitalized. Now, we would like to attach this capitalized asset to a project. I am wondering if this is possible? If yes, How?

Regards,

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any asset which is under construction can be assigned to the project as reciver in settlement so that costs would be settled. But you can not assign capitalized asset to project , this is what my understanding.

Generally speaking, when we do capitalization, an asset which is under construction has been completed and then asset is capitalized. After that you are going to incurr expenses like mainenance expenses, professional expenses for start ups etc.

If you have created PO for servies like maintenance, inbound frieght & handling etc.. those costs can be posted to fixed assets means after capitalized.

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudhakar, thanks for the reply. I understand, what you've suggested  would be the normal process. But, as mentioned earlier the Asset has been capitalized prior to creating a P.O and now they want to add the Asset to the Project. Please, suggest if  this can be done or is there a way around?

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean to say that I cannot assign a fixed asset in a settlement rule as reciever to a WBS element , for which the capitalization is done by other means?

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

what do you mean by input the CTR ( I know CTR stands for Center) do you mean to say Cost Center?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes CTR  term used for Cost Center.

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any inputs??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best option available to you now is

As Assets are already been capitalized and you can creaet PO without any issue. As system let you post PO costs as explained in my earlier post.

If you have created a Project for this purpose, delete. Also go PO in change mode and delete the Account assignment (WBS element) and input the CTR which reference the capitalized asset. for this you have to change to accoant assignment from Q to K. If line item in PO greayed out then delete the PO line item and create a new line item with account assignment K and CC.

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, let me give more details about this.

These Assets are purchased 4 months before the PS was implemented. As these assets are worth more than a million they capitalized the assets and started depreciating them. After 4 months(Now) they created a project and want to add those assets to the project  they just created (Retro)so they can get the actual project cost.

Rafi- They created a second P.O with WBS element and wants to link the asset to the project. I know its  confusing and its not a normal practise.

Kindly,share your thoughts.

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to give more details, you are saying asset capitalized and   PO created afterwards, how it's been capitalized? And what is the PO is for?  And what exactly mean attaching asset to project

former_member1009083
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly activate WBS Element [PS_PSP_PNR] in Activate Additional account assignments in Asset Accounting

Regards

Diptadhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

As Per I understand, AUC can be added to project. But capitalized asset can't be added.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

Second opinion is always better when there is bit of doubt in our thoughts. Thanks for confirmation.

Suresh: PO costs can be booked to capitalized assets and its a regular practice without any issue.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu