cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goods issue to be done from QI stocks instead of unrestricted stocks

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any standard movement type in SAP which will allow goods issue from quality inspection stocks?

I am looking for a movement type, similar to the standard movement type 601 (that is called automatically for PGI from VL02N). However, while mvt type 601 can issue goods only from unrestricted stcokcs , I want my mvt type to do so from QI stock.

I am thinking of copying 601 to create a new movement type but how do I ensure that it will be able to do goods issue for QI stock?

Where , in spro, can I check for any movement type (601, say) as what kinds of stocks it can use for the goods issue? I have tried the link "copy/change mvt types" under "SPRO->MM->IM and phy inv ->mvt types" but cannot see any such indicator.

Please help.

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Papri ,

Can you explain why your client needs this scenerio? We have to consider other factors like Availablity Check and they are all closely intergrated.

regards

Vinu

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vinu,

Sometimes if the goods are rejected by the origonal customer for whom it was meant, then the goods are moved to QI and a different cutsomer found for the same. In such cases, my compny has a custom sales doc type, which is used for selling to this second customer. So, the goods are trnsferred from the ealier sales order to this new sales order, but still under QI. Now when they wish to deliver the goods to this second customer, they have to post GI and std  SAP 601 does not allow PGI from QI. The wqorkaround being used right now is that first transfer posting to Unrestricted stk is done and then PGI completed. I wanted to knowif there is any existing mvt type which will allow PGI from QI stk, so that this step could be eliminated.

Is there any such mvt type which will allow from only QI or both (unrestricted+ QI)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Papri ,

The process which you have mentioned as workaround is the right way of doing it. When the first customer rejects the goods, then the stock moved to QI. Then QI team inspects and based on the decision they will move to Unrestricted. Then the second customer picks it.

What is the difference between the Regular document type and custom document type? For second customer, why are you using custom document type instead of regular document type.

Regards

Vinu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Papri,

When the "original" customer rejects the goods, it is brought back to QI (not to Unrestricted).

These sub-standard goods then sold to another customer!

Are these goods sold at lesser price (rates)?

When you are taking these goods from QI to Unrestricted, is this of good standard or sub-standard quality?

If NO action is done when material is placed in QI, then in return process movement type 653 can be used and a special storage location can be used.

(with movement type 653, goods shall be returned to Unrestricted stock)