Did you mean: 

Adding Master / Sub Agreement ID in Workflow emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From a system perspective, we have 2 emails available which are triggered upon:

1. Workflow Approval Request

2. Workflow Approval / Rejection Status

Both these emails do not contain the MA / SA ID which makes it impossible for the user to understand which agreement is being referred. We do have document links in the body of the email but that is tedious and involved more clicks.

I tried using the Global token "Document_ID" in these 2 emails but system shows the long unique document ID of the contract document and not the MA / SA. E.g. it gave -21474595481352142408132.

I do know that the workflow specific tokens do not have MA ID available. Still, is there a way to embed the MA / SA ID in these emails?

Thanks,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hmm…if the DOCUMENT_ID didn’t do it, then I don’t believe there is a way to include MA or Sub A ID. You may want to put in a request so it could be considered for future release.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram & Vikram,

My two cents to this discussion.

I think the specific requirement can be achieved by adding script (JAVA mail API) in Postscript of workflow template to trigger custom emails to collaborators based on approval decision. The custom email can have MA/SA document IDs.

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Yes, building something custom is always an option. I was just trying to say that our options are limited with usage of tokens in the standard mail message templates.

In fact, there are custom mail message templates that come with custom mail tokens which can be explored as well.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is correct. It will mean turning off the standard emails from the system for workflow and instead have the custom emails being sent. We are aware of this solution but didnt want to put additional performance pressure on the system.

Answers (0)