cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner determination item based.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a unique scenario where if a Sales Order is divided into two Shipping points (A and B) then for items with B shipping point a certain partner needs to be added. This partner is basically triggers a 3rd party application to talk to SAP using IDOCs.

In standard config I see items can get a certain partner based on item category so I am wondering how can this be made Shipping Point relevant.

If VOFM is the only answer I will be glad if someone can list the general steps for that. Or please suggest another solution.

George.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an idea for this rqmt. May be it will work.

You should have this IDOC triggered using an output type configured for the sales order item.

Maintain the output records for this output type for a condition table having shipping point as one of the fields. In this output record, maintain records only for the relevant shipping point.

If this is done, you really will not need a new partner. But for one of the present partners itself, the output will trigger which in turn will trigger an IDOC.

I hope that should work.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enhanement is the only solution to your requirement.

I don't thing, it is anything to do with VOFM.

In fact, you may need userexit for this.

Userexit: V09A0003

FM: EXIT_SAPLV09A_003 - User Exit Partner Determination (Entry Mode XYZ)

Regards, JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

George,

In standard SAP, the system by itself can not choose from multiple partners

E.g.

There are 3 Ship To parties - SH1, SH2, SH3

In VA01, sales order is created. The requirement is to have

SH1 in line item 10

SH2 in line item 20

SH3 in line item 30

This can not be done automatically in standard SAP (i.e. without enhancements / coding).

But say for example your requirement is to have a partner (e.g. Sales employee 1), when SH1 is populating in the line item of the sales order. This is possible.

The functionality "Source" makes this happen.

Path: IMG>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Partner Determination

Set Up Partner Determination

Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header

Question: Thus for different shipping points, in the sales order are there different partners (e.g. Ship To party or....)?

If all the partners for various line items in the sales order are identical, then may be you have to go for coding, with a Z table with fields Shipping point, Partner. The coding can be done in program MV45AFZB, and userexit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP

E.g. of Z table

Shipping point, Partner

1000, P1

1010, P2

Side comment - It would have to be a collaborative effort between the functional and technical consultant, if you go for enhancement.