cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign on for CLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues

One of Denmark based customer is implementing Sourcing for CLM functionality. They also have ECC integration in scope. (Private Edition, OnDemand)

They would like to implement single sign on functionality to login to CLM.

1) Is Single Sign on Possible for Private, OnDemand version?

2) What configuration and setup need to be done for the system?

3) What changes are required for the URL?

4) What settings are required to all approvers to access the document directly when they click on email

Any documentation, inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Vijay Vidiyala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amish_shah2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Has the customer been migrated to Wave 9? If they have then the recommendation I would make is to use SAML 2.0 for SSO for the OnDemand implementation.

Support for SAML 2.0 was introduced in Wave 9, with the IdP certified in SAP Netweaver IDM 7.2

There is a decent amount of documentation available in the Security Guide for Wave 9 in the Service Marketplace which should serve as a good starting point.

Thanks

Amish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amish ,

I am currently working on Wave 9 and looking to implement SSO for CLM . The scenario is given below

1. User Logins into Application 1 (J2EE, or any web application)
  2. User Clicks on CLM Link and CLM Application opens in a new window without any password challenge .

I have checked the Directory Configuration and there is SAML option available in the driver list .

I also want to use OpenAM (Derived from Opensso)  as an identity provider instead of SAP Netweaver IDM 7.2

to create trust some metadata file needs to be exported from both sides ,

It would a great help if you provide me ur valuable suggestions ,

Regards,

Piyush Srivastava

amish_shah2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush

The certified IdP with SAP CLM is SAP Netweaver IDM, but SAML 2.0 being an open industry standard for SSO, I would say it would make sense to run a quick Proof of concept with OpenAM. The SSO portion might not be fully supportable, and we might not be able to provide utility functionalities as we will be for IDM, but by following the general guidelines in the Security Guide, I think you should be able to get it working.

Since there is no automated provisioning, please be careful to ensure that the minimal user credentials are synchronized between your central user and SAP CLM.

Is the install you are refering to an OnDemand or OnPremise CLM?

Do let me know, how a PoC goes or if I can provide further information.

Regards

Amish