Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a discussion get locked

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir or Ma'am-

I've noticed I have a few locked discussions and I am not sure why?  Is it something I've done wrong or have I unlocked them?

How do I delete/ remove them?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Threads are usually locked if they violated the . An SCN moderator reaches out to the author in these cases to explain why the thread was locked by direct message or posting an explanation as a reply. This is often because a query has already been asked/answered or some other violation of the rules.

Can you share a link to a locked discussion or yours? I can't find one on your profile and I'd like to see what happened if I can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as the discussion is locked, i am not able to see the reply tag besides tag like 'Report abuse & 'like'.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, is locked. This means the thread is answered and no further discussion is needed. 

If you have additional questions, try searching for the answer. If you don't find it, create a new discussion and refer to .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

Generally a discussion gets locked for a violation of the Rules of Engagement.  These can include copy/pasting material from controlled or copyrighted sources, asking basic questions (Hi, I am new to XXX, please tell me about it), points gaming (generally two or more people engaged in postings for which the main purpose is to accumulate points in SCN), or repeatedly opening new threads to ask the same question over and over again, etc.  You can find all the reasons in the Rules of Engagement.

If you have locked discussions, post a link or two, so you can find out why they are locked. 

Regards, Mike (a moderator)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have the some problem, yesterday I posted a discussion, but today I have seen that this discussion was locked...I this case what should I do?

Thanks.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I would suggest you check the Rules of Engagement, but I suspect that your posting "Program to compare SD and FI values" was locked as it is asking for basic information (ABAP programming instruction).  If you had created a CSS ticket with the posting as written, you would have most likely gotten a response that your need requires consulting effort and that it is not a technical question about the product itself.  I think you can contact the person who locked the thread for a better explanation for why, but that is what it looks like to me.

Regards, Mike

Moderator message : Requirement dumping not allowed, search for available information.  Discussion locked