cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Mail message type in PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have implemented an EMAIl to IDOC interface in XI.  This required loading the mail message type as per oss note 748024.  A message interface was then created from this definition and the interface was implemented successfully.

We are now trying to move this to a PI 7.3 system.  I have again imported the mail message type as an external definition in the sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30 namespace.  I can create a mapping from the corresponding mail message type, but cannot create a service interface with this message type, it does not come as available for selection.

Consequenly I cannot create a sender agreement as I cannot find an interface to use.

Does anybody know of a difference in mail adapter for PI 7.03 or have any advice on this matter?

Thank you

Paul

Message was edited by: Paul Thompson I have now seen the error of my ways.  Service Interface has a message type in 7.3 and choosing external messge lets me pick the mail type.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

multiple ways to achieve this

1) write and stored procedure with delete operation first and then insert/update operation , execute that SP from PI.

2) delete all records using udf in mapping from the target table and then do insert/update operation normal way.

3) user two operation each time first fire delete and then fire insert/update, it may require two interface or bpm (Please analyse in detail)