cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use NRO of the B2B addon in dynamic configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to use the new Number Range Objects mechanism provided in the B2B addon to build up the filename in dynamic configuration?

I wrote an UDF to set my dynamic config FileName with a value $B2B_UEBNRFILENUMBER$B2B_END_UEBNR, set up a NRO and used the TransmissionNumberModule in my receiver file adapter. But my file was written as File_$B2B_UEBNRFILENUMBER$B2B_END_UEBNR.txt

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Kind regards,

Bert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vishnu_prasadk
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

This is an interesting use case, but it is not so straight forward. The NRO Module works only on the file content and not the file name. To achieve your use case you will have to do this in two steps:

1. Create a custom message type with FileName as a field in the message. The value of the field FileName should be '$B2B_UEBNRFILENUMBER$B2B_END_UEBNR'. Now use the NRO Module in the Sender side. Have a mapping which reads this field and passes the info to the UDF.
  2. In the UDF set the value as the dynamic configuration for the FileName. Now when the receiver file/SFTP channel reads this dynamic configuration the value of the file name will be as you expect.

Hope this will resolve our query. Do let me know if you need any more info on this.

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu & Lemoine ,

I have exactly the same requirement to set the file name with Incremental Sequence number as one of the inputs for file name . I have followed the same as suggested by you above but when I run the interface end to end instead of reading the counter value from the NRO created in b2bic it passes the constant value as it is in the file name . Is there something which I have missed in the configuration . I am using sender IDOC_AAE adapter and calling the module for NRO prior to calling the adapter and followed the same steps as mentioned in your doc for NRO . This requirement is critical from us and I am currently stuck at the moment . Can you please provide some pointers .

Thanks

Amol

Answers (0)