cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL automatic refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

as per SAP note 1461713, it is possible to set an automatic refresh of the POWL if an object was updated. However, there is a limit on such a functionality since it reflects only the changes done by the user themselves.

I don´t understand then what happens if user A creates a Shopping Cart and puts it under approval. In the POWL query I should see "Awaiting Approval" for that Shopping Cart. What if user B approves the Shopping Cart? Will the POWL query for user A be updated showing "Approved" for that same Shopping Cart?

My client requirement is to give users the possiblity to have their POWL queries automatically refreshed when changes occur to their document.

What should I consider? Are there any key performance issues?

What would you recommend?

Thank you in advance

Gio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gio,

The simple recommendation is to ask the users to manually refresh their queries if they are unsure of the status in the POWL

Alternatively, you could use the report POWL_WLOAD to automatically update the POWL status per query/type/application/user etc but take care with this report, it can be very resourse hungry and would certainly not be recommended to be run during normal working hours or with any kind of wide ranging query restriction, if you are running it, be specific, keep to a query or application etc and keep it to run overnight having user POWL's ready and updated for their mornings work.

Regards,

jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thank
you for replying. However, I still don’t understand something. My customer’s
requirement is to have a “real time” POWL refresh so that users don’t have to
click the REFRESH button all the time. I have followed some instructions
provided by SAP and now I get the POWL automatically refreshed any time a
change occurs in the user’s documents.

What I
don’t understand is why then SAP provides the POWL_WLOAD program since there
are other options like:

• Initial
    load of the POWL
  • Query
    switch
  • Automatic
    refresh if an object was updated

I have
opted for the third type of POWL refresh because it seems to be tailored to my
customer’s requirement but I am not sure if it will be too resource consuming.

Please,
shed some light on that.

1. Thank
    you.

Regards,

Gio

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gio,

The report POWL_WLOAD is a Basis report from the Basis POWL Colleagues. The autopmatic refresh switch (or react on partial refresh) in SRM is designed by SRM Development, so SRM has some additional refresh options, In order to ensure the auto refresh is used fully I would suggest implementing all 3 auto refresh options but do not use the parameter REFRESHA=X as this is very resourse hungry, use the REFRESHQ=X

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am trying to do the POWL auto refresh functionality in a BADI. Is it possible to do that ?

If means please give your suggestions.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

No - I am not aware of an Badi implemented which will allow for automatic refresh, sorry

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I have found out that the function module ' POWL_QUERY_REFRESH ' to refresh the POWL component . Is it possible to refresh the POWL using this FM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please activate "automatic  refresh" for POWL queries in SPRO at the below path:

1) SPRO path:

> SRM Server
  > Cross-Application Basic Settings
    > POWL and Advanced Search
      > Activate/Deactivate Automatic Refresh of the POWL

You can also set the interval for the iterations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti.

I have tried that too.. But its not working .