cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to transport logical ports created with SOAMANAGER?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a web service from a function module. Since I needed to do some fine tweaking on the logical ports' settings (i.e. response timeout), I used SOAMANAGER to create the logical ports. The problem is that, since I wasn't prompted to provide a CR, I don't know how to transport the ports between my environments.

Can someone help me?

Re-creating ports on each environment is not an option because, for security and logistical reasons, we can't do manual configurations in the production environment: everything that goes into production must have been tested and transported from previous environments.

Thank you,

Pietro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

Logical ports can't be transported between the environments. They have to be re-created. There is some logic to this. Typically, the service provider endpoints would change between the environments too.

There would no point in transporting a logical port from Dev to QAS that still points to the service providers development server endpoint right? It will need to change to the service provider's QAS endpoint & SAP won't know what that could be. The same would apply to production.

Unfortunately, you would need access to manually configure them in prod, even if it is just temporary access.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see...

Thank you Trevor.

Pietro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had same problem.

My solution is to save Web service definition (enterprise service) in LOCAL in DEV environment (package &TMP), and to NOT transport these webservice definitions.

You only transport the function modules.

Then in QUALITY, i have installed a development key, and re-generated in LOCAL my webservices for my function modules, using SE80 tcode.

With this solution, no need to go in SOAMANAGER and to create manually the acces points and service definitions.

Hope it will help you.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about in PRODUCTION when everything is ready?

Do you need to do it again in PRODUCTION each time a web services need to be transported?

Bye

Answers (0)