cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records included in Workflow job with error cannot be deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have lots of records into the Data Manager which were included into a Workflow job.

This job was incorrect and I was still defining different workflow and it was in test phase.

Now, the status is 'Error', there is no description on 'Step' and 'Step description', but I cannot delete neither this job in error neither the items from the MDM Data Manager. And I'm using the Admin user, the same than I used for creating the workflow job.

What should I do in order to be able to delete the workflow job and the entries in Data Manager?

Many thanks!

Carlos.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Please add a snap shot of workflow history too.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I've added the snapshot of workflow history.

Rgds,

Carlos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Carlos,

Can you please try once to Navigate to Workflows table in Data Manager and then try to delete this Workflow? You would need to create the workflow again if you need it. Kindly check and let me know.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

It seems the launcher used to launch the workflow has been deleted/changed during the course of development.It could have led to corruption in this job.

Can you please check from Update stamp the user who made changes to this record and confirm this.If the user is still available,please try logging with that user.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I already try to delete the workflow into the Workflows table, but then when I come back to the record into the main table it appears the error message saying 'The item is included into a workflow'.

I've tried the following:

1. Delete the workflow into the MDM Data Manager Workflows table.

2. Unload the repository into the MDM Console.

3. Verify the repository

4. Repair the repository. There was a non-fatal error:

'$$$ Non-fatal error(1400): The following JobIds in table A2i_Data_10_WFJOB do not have           valid workflow Id (in field DurationValue) : 1.

### Removing invalid JobIds succeeds.

5. Upload repository with update indexes.

6. Delete records (previously with workflow). They still cannot be deleted.

Is there any option to delete all repository content, but keeping the existing structure?

Should I copy the repository to a new one, but how can I copy the structure without copying the records? I also would like to put the counters at zero in autoid field.

Thanks,

Carlos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have any field type 'User stamp' into the repository.

I only have creation date and modification date with stamp mode.

Rgds,

Carlos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In any case, I've tried with my normal user, different to Admin and if I try to delete a record, it appears the error message 'Insufficient rights for this operation'.

Then, I would say it was created with Admin user.

It is possible that the job has been corrupted. During last days we've activated the Active Directory (LDAP).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

As I mentioned before ,the log too suggests, the Job is corrupted causing this error.

One way is to delete the job id 10020 from the mentioned table - A2i_Data_10_WFJOB.

Also,sometimes repair does not work as desired,then one should do multiple repairs and test.

You can create a new repository and import the schema of this repository.This way you will loose the data.

I think you are referring to MDMID,this will be reset automatically when you delete the entire data of the repository.If you wish to have some manipulation in autoid sequence you can try calculated field with calculation based on MDMID.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, it seems to be the solution.

I've already asked to Basis for deleting the existing jobs into this table, into the SQL database.

I hope tomorrow it can be solved. I let you know.

Regards,

Carlos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The problem is solved by deleting the Workflow tables:

• A2i_Data_10_WFJOB
  • A2i_Data_10_WFJOB_TEXT
  • A2i_Data_10_WFSTEP

Once the tables are deleted, it's necessary to unload the repository and load it again with 'Update indexes'.

Then, I'm able to delete records.

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Carlos Santamaría.

Answers (0)