cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Video Files Using Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru's,

Is there any way to upload a video(.mpeg,.mp4,.wma) files to application server using webdynpro abap ?. I am using Fileuploadui element for normal files like (.jpeg, .doc, .xls , etc) and also i am using GOS( Generic Object Service ) to upload the files to application server.

I have gone through one new UI element enhanced in NW 7.02 ACFUpDownload but in that also i am not able to meet my requirement.

Regards,

Rumeshbabu S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rumeshbabu,

since the data is uploaded as a xstring using FileUpload, it should not matter what kind of type the uploaded file is. You should be able to upload videofiles in the same way as you upload your "normal" files. (With my fileupload I am also able to upload mp3 audio files. I didn't try video-files, but it should work.)

Maybe you have to allow "uploading videofiles" it in the whitelist???

Regards

ismail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ismail,

I came across some attachment technique called GOS and it has one functional module where it opens a r/3 popup screen to attach/create/ edit documents when we call that functional module from normal abap report program.

But in webdynpro when we try to call the same functional module its giving short dump since it has "CALL SCREEN" statement inside it. So in webdynpro "CALL SCREEN" is not supported if i am not wrong.

So is there is any standard attachment technique where we can use it in webdynpro abap much similar to GOS.

And also i went through some threads using GOS in webdynpro abap, but it looks like we have to create our own popup screen to save the documents.

So is there any standard webdynpro abap screens like normal abap r/3 screens for attachements to do it.?

Regards,

Rumeshbabu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ismail,

Gos_attachment_list_popup is the standard FM used in normal abap report program, which will opens a popup to create/edit any attachments.

I was not able to use this standard FM inside webdynpro and suggest if there is any standards available to do the same in webdynpro.

Regards,

Rumeshbabu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ismail,

Gos_attachment_list_popup is the standard FM used in normal abap report program, which will opens a popup to create/edit any attachments.

I was not able to use this standard FM inside webdynpro and suggest if there is any standards available to do the same in webdynpro.

Regards,

Rumeshbabu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

My requirement is to add video file in reports......

If I am using "Gos_attachment_list_popup" FM in the report.... Where I need to store this video file in the server.... I Upload in social network like youtube..... It is not having security how to achieve this Please help me ...

Regards,

Ravi Shankar L