Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOA Scenario

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a scenario to integrate a standard enterprise Service in PI.

From ES Market place I have taken the wsdl for Create Business partner and want to use it through a synchronous WebService call from SOAP UI.

Also am looking for some standard payloads that can be used for this synchronous service.

Any type of input will help me to move ahead.

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Some questions around your scenario first:

1) You already have in place a backend (like ECC) connected to your PI?

2) You scenario will be Sync SOAP call (SoapUI) --> PI --> ECC (Business Partner Enterprise Service)?

A few of things to help you understand how SAP Enterprise Service work & maybe get you moving in the righ direction:

- The ES Workplace is like a explore & test drive environment. You can get an indication of the Enterprise Services that are available, test drive it & ascertain whether it meets your requirements before adopting it. You don't really need the WSDL from there.

- Once you have decided that you want to adopt the Enterprise Service, you identify whether it's available in your ECC (as an example) - you will see this detail also in the ES Workplace (first shipped with & last shipped with) along with the service details.

- If it's only available in ECC from a later version than you are on, then you would need to upgrade ECC.

- If you are on a ECC version that has the service, the you would just need to configure it & use it. It's also not a requirement that it passes through SAP PI. You can configure & use it from ECC using transaction code SOAMANAGER. Once configured in SOAMANAGER with an endpoint, you can then use the WSDL (with endpoint) from SOAMANAGER in SoapUI to test. Ther is no standard payload. You can use transaction SPROXY (navigate to your sofware component and service - test button) to generate some test data in the same message format as the BP Enterprise service but without the SOap envelope. You can just paste only this message in your SoapUI request message body and keep the Soap format intact.

- If you want to route the call through SAP PI, it will be a Sync SOAP --> PI --> Abap Proxy scenario. Search SCN, you will find lots of scenarios like this. You won't need to do the SOAMANAGER configuration in ECC in this case and you will could use the same message structure of the enterprise service as your outbound message. In this case the endpoint and WSDL you will get from SAP PI.

Regards, Trevor

Regards, Trevor

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I am thankful for your response but would appreciate if need more help here.

Let me explain what I have done till now.

1. I have used the BusinessPartnerERPCreateRequestConfirmation_In synchronous service interface from SAP APPL SWCV. this is configured in sproxy in ECC.

2. I have done the one to one mapping for the request message and one to one mapping for confirmation message and used it to create a synchronous Operation mapping.

3. I am using 7.3 AEX server so created an integrated configuration with a SOAP sender channel and SOAP receiver channel for ECC (no XI receiver channel in 7.3 AEX).

4. Now here I am confised if I should create one more integrated configuration for the response from ECC with a SOAP sender channel from ECC and SOAP receiver channel for the Actual sender............... or WHAT???

5. I have generated a wsdl from the Integrated configuration and using it in SOAP UI. Basically its similar to the request message of the synchronous message.

Plz guide me here to close the configuration.

Another query is how to create the payload as there are lot many fields in the source structure.

Waiting for your inputs.

Thanks beforehand

Anand Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

See if this guide brings you closer:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

Refer to:

As of SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 (in the following referred to as "PI7.11"), the SOAP adapter also supports the usage of the XI 3.0 protocol. Because of that, the Advanced Adapter Engine available with PI7.11 can now communicate with the application systems via XI 3.0 protocol.

You can generate sample data from SPROXY using the test option - template option. I would advise you actually first stick to populating the mandatory fields only first - keep the payload to a bare minimum. Then you populate more fields as required.

Regards, Trevor

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi trevor,

Kindly help me with some basic queries.

1. do I need to create a SOAP receiver channel to get the response back in SOAP UI?

2. do I need to create 2 integrated configuration, one for request and one for response?

I am little confused here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You'll need 1 Sender Soap channel, 1 receiver Soap channel & 1 ICO. The response will follow the path that the message came in on.

EDIT: you will just need to populate the Inbound processing, outbound processing, receiver & receiver interfaces tabs with the relevant info in the ICO.

Regards, Trevor

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming.

I have done the same thing. Let me put all the details.

ESR

I have create a Req Data type and a response dt type, Created a synchronous Outbound service interfac. Request and response mapping. One Operation mapping.

ID

SOAP sender channel for one Business system. SOAP Recver channel for ECC.

1 ICO with all the relevent details.

Generated WSDL and imported it in SOAP UI.

In the request Message Mapping I have used just 3 fields and mapped to the mandatory fileds only in the request message for "BusinessPartnerERPCreateRequestMessage_sync".

Since this is a synchronous scenario theSOAP channel has BE as QOS.

SOAP sender channel works fine but the message fails in mapping.

error:

Returning to application. Exception: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.util.URI$MalformedURIException: no scheme

SOAP: call failed com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.util.URI$MalformedURIException: no scheme

I am not able to move ahead.

Is it because of mapping error or something else. Do I need to map all the fields for Business Partner request. OR the reason of failing is that the data is not correct (But I doubt tas the message is not even reaching ECC).

Need help from one and all.

Regards

Anand Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it gets to PI and doesn't leave PI Anand or where do you see the error?

I would try unit testing each individually and see where the issue lies:

- Test ECC directly from SoapUI using the WSDL from SOAMANAGER in ECC first.

- Test the mapping (in debug mode) in PI with payload.

Regards, Trevor

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What I guess in PI 7.3 is that if we have some error in a flow the same error appears in sender channel, Mapping monitoring and recever channel.

As I checked the audit log of Sender channel, Message monitoring and Receiver channel. They all show the same error which I pasted above. The UNIT testing of PI mapping is running fine in Test TAB. I will look out for testing the same through SOAMANAGER.

Regards

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have moved this thread to the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and SAP forum where I think you will have a better chance of getting a quality answer to your query.

Regards