cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subject:- how to create a single credit memo with respect to multiple credit memo request for the same customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client has a requirement like this. suppose for one customer we hace created multiple credit memo request(say 5), now the requirement is to create only one credit memo with respect to these 5 credit memo request. I guess it can be achieved through copy controls, but i dont have clear idea about which option will work to acheive this scenario. please help me in this case.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The logic for Invoice combination or split is maintained in copy controls

In VTFA (sales order to billing)
VTFL ( delivery to billing)
VTFF (billing to billing)

In your case this will be VTFA as you are lokking for Credit Memo request.

For combination the following has to be same.

1.Payer
2.Payment terms
3.Destination country
4.Billing type and billing due date or billing date must be the same.
5.Inco-terms

If the deliveries/Sales Order  have same, PAYER, PAYMENT TERM, INCOTERM, BILLING DATE & DESTINATION COUNTRY, then system tries to combine them into one billing document and this is controlled through routine "001" in the copy control table assigned at item level in the VBRK/VBRP field.
If any of the above criteria is different system split the invoice .

Screen Shot attached for your reference.

Coming back to your requirement for combing Credit Memo Request you can do the copy control set up as per your selection criteria keeping above points in Mind.I am hopefull routine number 001 in copy control table will sufice the need.

1. Then use the Transaction code -VF04 for Due list of Invoice /Credit Note
2. Select the Order Related Documents as per the screen Shot.
3. Select the Collective Billing document as per the screen Shot .It will combine all the invoice as per your criteria.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This will work with normal copy control settings. Proving the Invoice combination createria like same Payer, same Billing date, etc are met.

I suggest you to try the same in your Development server & revert back to us.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Normal copy control will work for this case also. There is no special requirement in copy control needed for this.

The normal logic of same payer and payment terms for all the credit memo requests holds true in this case also. If the payer and payment terms is same for all the credit memo requests, then it will automatically combine during credit memo creation.

You can ideally create the credit memo in VF04 by giving all the CMRs as selection criteria. If there is a billing split, you can see that in the split analysis to understand why the CMRs are splitting the invoices. Accordingly you can decide your process and design.

However no special requirement is needed in copy controls for this. If you just copy the copy control from CR to G2 it should work fine.