cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move saprouter from one system to another...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We want to move our saprouter from one system to another, since we want to dump the system in which there is saprouter folder.

I am not sure about the process.

If anyone knows or have transferred saprouter folder from one system to another before, please help me.

Also, will there be change in the string??

Please help!

Thanks

Harikrishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll simply have to treat this as a new SAProuter install.

Register the new router in SAP MarketPlace and then install it and replace the information in both SMP (for each system) and on OSS1 (for each system).

You can probably reuse your saprouttab with a few small modifications and make sure your firewall team open the required ports in the new host.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly are you going to change?

In case hostname and IP address of your saprouter changes, you will have to involve SAP, because configuration at their end will have to be adjusted as well.

Let me suggest to open a support call with SAP.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

I need to transfer the saprouter from one system to another, obviously with different IP and hostname.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if you are going to dump your old system, you might recycle hostname and IP for your new system. Would be less work obviously.

If you can't recycle, you will have to contact SAP, for changing their settings.

Also contact your network team. Probably they will have to adjust your company firewall settings.

And most important: Carefully read the available saprouter installation and confuguration guides!

Not sure about it. but I think a new install will be easier than transferring and tweaking your old folder.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harikrishna,

I don't think there is any problem when you move the saprouter as it just runs as a service.

I am not sure about exact process but refer  Note 30289 - SAProuter documentation and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/7612ed5ca5055ee10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Ravi