cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPA notification in SAP QM

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

how can i implement CAPA notification in quality management. my scenario is If CAPA is not received within 7 days, actions has to be taken as per the scenario for vendor analysis. Client will be sending the rejection problem report to supplier and the supplier is suppose to return the correspondiong CAPA within 7 days to the client.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

CAPA notification is Notification to Vendor. You can assign a task to the Purchasing personnel on receiving CAPA response from Vendor in 7 days. If CAPA response is not received within 7 days from Vendor, you as the Coordinator (for this notification) can trigger Vendor Analysis/Review. Try it and share your experience. Regards, KrishnaM

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Thnx KM, for ur help. I have thought of doing it in a way like i will be creating a code group. I will explain you in detail. IN QM02 in notification there are few tabs like referecne objects , subjects, items etc.... Under item tab overview ,cause ,corrective task, corrective actions.. I have decided to create code group for the same. We will try to generalize the details of corrective actions to be taken say at max 50 actions that user can select. But now the challenge is how can i close the notification or put some check , or do some development that system will check that 7 days have passed since this CAPA was registered through notification. Again i have seen that in the particular tab subject in notification type Q1 we have the requirment start date. I believe if we can put a check like +7 days for that req. date , then user cannot process the notification. Let us say that we somehow achieved it  then comes the next step that i want some status like blocked , or possibly some thing that will denote that the following notification's status was blocked as vendor did not provide the CAPA in 7 days. This is what i thought.....

Now as per you feedback.. i will ask some clarifications - "If CAPA response is not received within 7 days from Vendor, you as the Coordinator (for this notification) can trigger Vendor Analysis/Review"... what is this,. Are you telling me about vendor evaluation. How will i do the same in SAP ?

Your second quote-"You can assign a task to the Purchasing personnel on receiving CAPA response from Vendor in 7 days." Can you please provide some detail description.  I am asking all these as i am new to this module.

Thank you in advance.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention you KM, that i am aware of vendor evaluation . Are you telling the same. If we are going for vendor evaluation how do you think i will rate the vendor automatically for not providing CAPA notification in time? Please correct me if i am wrong!!!

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KM,

How do i assign a task to user ? i have created the code group and catalog for tasks. But how do i  assign them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Go to the notification using QM02 & select the task TAB & select the codes from list of code group which you have created earlier.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks sandeep,

What i meant is i have done these process like defining and assigning(what u have suggested in your previous post). The point is imagine the scenario after that. In short assume that  my user has done this parts themselves manually. But what actually happens is if supplier provides the CAPA report then it is well and good for that particular notification. But if it doesnot give then even the user who is processing may forget in 23 days  that vendor has still not given the CAPA. So can we generate any mail by which user can be intimated that 23 days are over and supplier has not provided the CAPA report yet. IN this kind of scenario let say user will input the task activities themselves but the real issue is how to track the task activities ..let say after the notification was created for defected material, the person assigned the task ..1.like material sent to rework... 2. CAPA report filed/not recieved yet... then i need to have  a report that will show that for a paerticualr GR docuement -->  inspection lot-->notification type--> notification number-->and its status of task performed.  Till notification number i can develop the reports by combining the tables but then comes.. how will i add the tasks activities in the report.?

PL suggest ... and feel free to ask if you have not understood anything from the above content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I suggest you one thng better do one thing that when you are assiging the task in task TAB , create one more task type in code group like "CAPA report received/not received" & after receiving the report then only close the task & then close the notification.

For generation of mail i think you have make a Z program that after 23 days send mail to concern person using workflow

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep ,

there you go... you have put things in the right directions for me. Now just to inquire :

What exactly is the difference between the

1.task tab and activities tab

2. item-->overview,causes,correction tasks,corrective actions and tasks tab and activities tab?

now i know the overview and causes tab and corrective actions but what exactly will i map in to corrective actions...can i give the preventative actions into it???

Like in my case for these capa activities like you have told i should enter in task tab as capa recieved /or not recieved. The same thing i can enter in activites tab also or its used only for infrmation purpose like mailing, faxing.. etc..

can you throw some feedback over these points?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Activity is basically the work which you have to do to complete the particular task.

Yes offcourse you can maintain the same in activity code group also but better maintain the same in task only.

Answers (0)