cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use HANA studio in SAP BW on HANA Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have small doubt in SAP BW on HANA Landscape.

When we are running SAP BW on HANA, Is it possible to use HANA studio to create models or do we need to pay any extra amount for license.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Adding to what Anooj mentioned above, with HANA revision 37 onwards and BW SP08 (or SP07 with few notes) you would be able to use BW on HANA objects in HANA studio for modeling. This would combine both the aspects of HANA (BW on HANA and Standalone HANA), but needs additional licencing, which I believe is worth.

As Anooj mentioned, you need to get in touch with the SAP contact to get more details and cost.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravindra and Anooj,

Thanks for your reply.

According to this note Note 1600929 : SAP BW on HANA.

we have only three editions of SAP HANA. Platform, enterprise and extended enterprise.

If i buy platform edition for my SAP BW on HANA, I still get Studio and Clients right. Then do we need to pay the extra amount?

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 1666670 suggests you need the HANA Enterprise License for the scenario you are talking about in a productive environment. Also refer to SAP Note 1661202 in the same context.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

Thanks for your information.

Regards,

Venkat

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's not entirely complete.

There is also HANA Database Edition for BW and they're (if they haven't already) coming up with a HANA Runtime Edition (just for running SAP in-memory Apps without any development rights).

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra:

I m using this hana edition (on top of BW 7.4): SAP HANA Platform Ed. 1.0 SPS08 (SAP HANA DB 1.00.82) with runtime license, I just installed hana studio and created some hana models on development and there is no problem - everything works fine -, so I wonder if I continue with this, will I have some issue on production system?

regards

mah

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everything what is created through BW is covered by the HANA Database Edition for BW.

So if you create new opjects via the BW modelling tools you should be fine.

SAP First Guidance - Implementing BW-MT for BW-aDSO

Maybe you find a way here ...

Best Regards Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat:

Please go through a write-up that I put together  on BW 7.3 SP8 in context to SAP HANA data integration @ http://www.sendspace.com/file/wsn9bk

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

If you only have the BW on HANA license, yes you can only use HANA as a database to BW & nothing else. If you also want to use HANA for creating models etc, then extra licenses are required and the cost for this as I understand will depend on the HANA edition you choose to buy - there are three of them available as of now - platform edition(database only), enterprise edition (database+BODS+SLT+DXC) & the extended edition(database+BODS+SLT+DXC+Sybase replication server+load controller+ASE).

Having said that the above will keep changing as the product evolves and hence it is best to speak to your SAP contact on the right license you should be having.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Anooj