Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start location of the trip

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide how can I enable the start location of the trip on the ESS portal so that user can select the start location of the trip as well. Currently, the start location is set as their currently as default and there is no option to make any changes in it.

If there is an foreign employee who works in some other country and even his location is set as Foreign in HR Data even then the trip is starting from the different country which is the base location.

Example - There is one company code which is based in US and have different offices in different countries. Company hires the local guys in other countries but their payroll gets executed in US only. In this case even if they travel from other country, their start of trip is considered as US which is wrong since they never came to US. Please guide how can I make Start of the field inputable.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

may I ask on what EHP / SP you are on? I'm curious because we are on EHP4 SP 51 and these fields don't exist for us. I had to enhance the application.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Our current kernel release is 701 with EHP4. Any idea does Personnel Area and different number range have any impact on the start location of the trip.

By which enhancement your purpose was resolved?

Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The very field itself is what confuses me. In our environment, in the standard, there is no "start location" it's non-existent. The system is working with MOLGA here and MOLGA depends on the PERNR's personnel sub area. If this is what you mean, you could try BADI AFTER_TRIP_SETTLEMNT method CHANGE_TRV_OBJECTS and manipulate MOLGA here. But I don't know what kind of other effects this would have on the trip; might be a bad idea.

I used explicit and implicit enhancements in PTK99, PR05(well, modifications here, because the enhancement framework is not supported in Dynpros) and the Webdynpros with means of the enhancement framework to add a customer field "Startland" (there are no predefined out of the box solutions like BADIs or User Exits for what I've developed here). This only ensures the gathering of the information for the starting land, it has no automatic impact on the stettlement of the trip, but it's rather an information for the special department handling the trips so they know they have to manipulate the settlement by hand.

Cheers, Lukas

0 Kudos

I think I saw this question some months back so maybe this will help;

If you have a start default address and it is company location, then the company address is taken from the global parameters of Financial Accounting customizing

IMG:
> Financial Accounting
  > Financial Accounting Global Settings
   > Company Code
    > Enter Global Parameters

(this points to table ADRC)

For the employee home address, it is taken from infotype 0006 and if If it is not maintained, so it cannot be proposed in the dropdown.

If the field is hidden , the departure for work is taken by default, (you can do this in transaction FITVFELD_WEB) and then the field would be prepopulated , but can be modified manually  - in fact these changes came with note 1266799 for both Java and ABAP - but overall you need to look at modifying the visibility of the field Departure from Residence or Place of Work in FITVFELD_WEB - HEAD_PERIO_DEPAR )

Hope it helps!

Sally

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sally

Hope you are doing well

In our scenario there are 40 Personnel areas each with different location (countries) but only one company code. Now, here the importance of start location comes in...even an employee is based on different location and whenever he creates a trip in portal it is taking the default location of head office and not the location where the employee is based which is incorrect.

The departure from Home and Departure from work option is visible on the portal.

Please advise as it very critical and urgent requirement.

Regards

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any advise on the above problem.

I have tested maintaining the Employee Home address to a different location and selecting in portal as Departing from Home but still the start location by default is coming as the Company code location.

Company have several offices located in different countries and all the employees based in different countries are maintained in HR Master data.

Please advise how is it possible to change the Start location of the trip in portal. The option is coming as greyed out. From where exactly the system is taking location?

Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I think we are talking at cross purposes...

Did you read my earlier post?

The very field itself is what confuses me. In our environment, in the standard, there is no "start location" it's non-existent. The system is working with MOLGA here and MOLGA depends on the PERNR's personnel sub area. If this is what you mean, you could try BADI AFTER_TRIP_SETTLEMNT method CHANGE_TRV_OBJECTS and manipulate MOLGA here. But I don't know what kind of other effects this would have on the trip; might be a bad idea.

This should be working to manipulate the origin of the employee.

Please advise how is it possible to change the Start location of the trip in portal. The option is coming as greyed out. From where exactly the system is taking location?

Can you please post a screenshot of this greyed out field you are talking about? I can't comprehend this, there is no such field for me or maybe it's hidden by default in my system or I'm just blind

Cheers, Lukas

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the solution.

If I understood you correctly, you mean to say that the start location of trip is picked up from the PERNR Personnel Area and MOLGA.

Actually I have tested that part and still the location is coming as location where company is situated. Example - company is based at India and Employee is located at London (Personnel Area) but when I am creating trip it is taking India as start of trip instead of London.

What specific setting I am missing..is it MOLGA which is creating problem? Please advise and what is correct step for it?

Please find attached the screenshot of the ESS portal where it shows the start location of trip which is coming by default.

Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I understand what you actually mean, sorry, complete misunderstanding.

Your observation seems to be correct, apparently the country is indeed coming from some part of the company's organizational object, I don't know what object is used, though.

Considering your problem, that the field is read-only, have you tried FITVFELD_WEB for the respective schema yet? I think it can be changed there, so it won't be read only anymore and you could change it (even if the default value still remains a mystery ).

Cheers, Lukas

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Considering only company code....In your business scenario, all your trips start from the location where your company is situated? You might be having different office where employees are based. How you manage there trip. Do their starting location gets change?

Please advise

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Unfortunately" (for you ) all the trips in my company originate from Germany, so where the company is located, yes, no exceptions. So I never had to deal with this problem. Have you tried altering the read-only value via FITVFELD_WEB?

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if I understand your problem but the screen you show is from additional destinations. In that screen the default is taken from whatever has been defined in general data which of course also makes sense.

So as long as your users enter this information first would your additional destinations screen not work as expected?

Br Jan

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the destination from fite_vc_general_data is not taken for the start of the trip; for everything else yes, but not for the start:

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh ok I see what you mean - thanks. Hmm I'm afraid I can't help either then

Br Jan

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lukas & Jan for your inputs

Muhammad/Sally requesting your inputs on this issues.

Regards

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

What I found that is the point that you mentioned helps in calculating the Mileage details. But I need the Start location of the trip based on the employee location. Also, if start location cannot be changed then what is the purpose of assigning different number range based on Personnel Areas.

How do we handle trip of Foreign based employees?

Regards

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I was able to find out that the start location gets picked up from the Company code country.

With the help of the ABAPer I was able to make that change...to get the start location based on Employee Personnel Area.

Now whatever is the employee Personnel Area system takes that as the start location in SAP R/3. Now the problem is we are unable to make that change affect in ESS portal..

Means not able to find how that change will be done in ESS portal. Any guidance.

Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Neat! Can you technically elaborate how/where you did that "change"? Is it a modification/enhancement/BADI/CMOD? I'm curious 😄

Concerning the alteration of the Itineraries in the WDAs, I do have a suggestion, yes:

I had the requirement from my special department to change a certain part of the description text of particular itinerary types. This is where I manipulated the itab items to achieve it:

WDYN Comp FITE_VC_ITINERARY

Comp Controller Overwirte Exit for Method "CHECK_ITINERARY".

Below this part of coding in the method...

CALL FUNCTION 'PTRA_WEB_ITINERARY_CHECK_2'
     EXPORTING
       i_employeenumber    = wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-employee_number
       i_tripnumber        = wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-trip_number
       i_periodnumber      = wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-period_number
       i_periodversion     = wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-period_version
       i_trip_action       = wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-trip_action
       i_trip_component    = wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-trip_component
       i_trip_application  = wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-trip_application
       i_no_memory_update  = lv_no_memory_update
       i_language          = wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-language
       it_itinerary        = lt_itinerary_input
     IMPORTING
       et_itinerary        = wd_this->mt_itinerary
       e_itinerary_default = wd_this->ms_itinerary_default
     TABLES
       et_return           = lt_return.

...there is, in my opinion, the best chance to manipulate the itinerary items before they are further processed. I altered the contents of wd_this->mt_itinerary according to my requirements.

Check this with your ABAPer, he'll need to get a grip of the processing logic and implement the logic you used beforehand to solve your problem for the backend at this point and make it reflect upon wd_this->mt_itinerary. Likewise this should be done in Method GET_ITINERARY to rule out inconsistencies.

This would be my suggestion.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings Lukas,

The change was done in the program MP56TF3160 by the ABAPer...technically I don't how he did it.

However, regarding the suggestion made for Portal development. I'll share it and then revert.

Regard