cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Determination Procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls can u explain when the  Partner Determination Procedures will be used (basic idea- i read in sap help but i dint get).

My project types as follows.1. Joint venture,2. Foreign Domestic project and Own company projects.Here there is no roles for partner.All the project work is taken by the my client itself .

Whether  here Partner Determination Procedures i have to use? Pls suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Dawood,

Without configuration of Partner Determination we can use PS without any issues. it's necessary for SD module i assume.

Example:-

PS = Position in your system could be abbreviated. in PS module with type of partner no. S=position (which recommend by standard sap)

SH = Ship-to party in your system could be abbreviated. in SD module with type of partner no. KU=Customer (which recommend by standard sap).

Rest wait for expert comment.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Following path is used in Project system for configuration of Partner determination.

1.     SPRO -> Project System -> Structures -> Operative. Structures -> Work Breakdown Structure

(WBS) -> Define Partner determination Procedures and Roles

2.     Select - Define Partner Role

Here You can create required Partner roles if the same is not in Standard Part. roles

3.    Select - Define Partner Determination Procedures and Partner Roles

New entries. Enter the Partner Schema Code & description

4.    Select the Partner schema & click on Partner functions & procedure
       Go to New Entries & Select the partner function from list under Function tab in side

screen as per your requirement and Save.

5.   Go to t code OPSA i.e. Maintain project profile
      Assign the Partner schema to project profile in Control tab at Partner det proc.
      Once you assign this profile to project definition in WBS you will get a Tab named

as Partner

Refer to thread mentioned below where scenario where partner determination is used has been discussed.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/739267

Regards

Tushar