cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate closure of Project /WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's:

What is the best way to automate closure of a project at the expiry of say X number of days if there is no outstanding activity e.g. commitments against the same?

Thanks in advance.

Manas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

As our friends have already said that there is no standard way of automatic closure of projects.

I would like to elaborate with some pointers along with the suggestion given by Sudhakar:

Closing of projects is a high level check of items that needs to be looked at.Every PS installation has its own way of closing the projects.All objects are needed to be completed i.e. confirmation of network activities if times sheets are used,RA and all subsequent activities to be completed (If SD is there), settlement rule execution(if AUC is there),PO's completed & finalised, Invoicind is done and paid . All financials are needed to be accounted, Budget comfirmation , supplemented or returned -> then only the project's System Status is set to closed  to allow eventual archiving of projects.

Also, even if you go for some development system would give you error like "Calculate the WIP for WBS AB.01 so that it can be cleared. Then settle WBS includind the cleared WIP in the settlement" (If you settle projects in your businnes).

Now, Do you still feel the need of automatic closure of projects?

Kindly Confirm

Regards

Ankur

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why you want automation closure procedure for project?

Such standard sap doesn't have this feature as you desired.

Commitment is one step of the project closure steps. as all PR/PO should be clear before project closing.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible in standard SAP configuration, you need to go for development, But I would automating the closure procedure for the reason listed by Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure and not heard any such kind of automation availability of closer of projects.

Close of projects in one of the very cumbersome and lenghty process involved which required and involves cross functional modules verification and closing each one.

Commitments is one of the activity but there other things also there which are required to close properly.

Regards,

Sudhakar