cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Memo - Mexican electronic billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, please give me your input regarding the next topic.

I created a credit memo for price correction through the following procedure:

1- Original sales document in VA01 (document type: OR)

2- Shipping document (VL01N)

3- Original billing document based on shipping document (VF01)

4- Created a new sales document (document type: RK) that referenced to original billing document (VA01)

5- Changed in the sales document RK the second line and re-determined the new price, the document automatically calculated the difference between the first line (representing original sales document) vs. the second line (representing the changes made in the sales document). This difference in the amounts is the one that will be credited to the customer.

6- Created the credit memo (VF01) (one item shows as positive and the other one as negative, which is correct and the difference is what will be credited)

Is this the correct procedure? or should I be using the credit memo without reference to the billing document and through the sales document type CR?

If I use the document type CR I can't create it with reference to a billing document because the amounts are not posted as difference between the original document, I might need to use some conditions??

Should I use the CR document as a document without reference and create a generic material with description as "credit memo" and use it when needed?

I need to sort this out for electronic billing. The template of electronic billing by law does not permit negative signs, so with document RK I cannot show the differences between the items created.

What is your suggestion for doing the credit memo in this case?

Thank you for your help!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meslissa,

What is your suggestion for doing the credit memo in this case?

If your company is always giving money (back) to customer (i.e. always it would be a credit memo and never a debit memo), then you could go for Credit memo request. The following choices might be available:

1. CR with reference to billing document: After creating a credit memo request (in VA01), user can change the amount, quantity etc. in the credit memo request and then create the credit memo.

2. CR without reference: If manual changes in a credit memo request is not possible, then user could create a credit memo request without reference, in the field PO number the billing document number can be given as reference.

- using of "original" material, with manual changes in Tab Condition would be a better option than entering a "dummy" material (for credit memo process)

5- Changed in the sales document RK the second line and re-determined the new price, the document automatically calculated the difference between the first line (representing original sales document) vs. the second line (representing the changes made in the sales document). This difference in the amounts is the one that will be credited to the customer.

6- Created the credit memo (VF01) (one item shows as positive and the other one as negative, which is correct and the difference is what will be credited)

Is this the correct procedure?

The Invoice correct request process described by you is correct!

The advantage of this process is user can give and take money from customer, in a single process. No need for a credit memo process - to give money and a debit memo process - to take money from the customer.

The template of electronic billing by law does not permit negative signs, so with document RK I cannot show the differences between the items created.

If negative signs are not permitted -

- there would be negative signs in the RK order and in the G2 billing document in the Invoice correction request.

Side comment - Thank you for giving "good amount of and relevant information" in your original post!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! it was very helpful your reply!

I just have another question I hope you can help.

Knowing that document RK will be generating negative signs to the invoice I guess that my best choice will be to use CR document... but I think I have a concept problem here...

When I create a CR (credit memo request) with reference to an invoice and I change, for example, the price of the original invoice the credit memo request is not created for the difference of the original invoice and the new document, it instead is created by the new price...

For example

Original Invoice:

3 qty Material X - price $100 = $300

The correct price should be $90/Material X

I create a CR with reference to invoice and choose the item, go to pricing and change the PR00 price condition to $90, so, the final price is $270...

The problem that I find is that when I go to FBL5N I have a posting for +$300 (original invoice) and -$270 (credit memo) so is like saying that my customer just needs to pay $30 instead of the $270 which in reality it's me the one that owes him $30....

So the credit memo request should have been created by $30 instead of $270 right? But how should I accomplish this if when I change PR00 it determines the new amount...

Thanks again for your time!

Regards.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then in the credit memo request, change the price as 10 per each so that for 3 quantity it will be $30.00, which will be credited to the customer account. This means the customer has to pay $300-$30.00 = $270.00.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melissa ,

In the Credit Memo Request, you have to enter only the difference amount. In your example, it is 10$ .

Billed Amount = 100$

Actual Amount = 90$

Difference = 10$

With Regards

Vinu.N

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Melissa,

Shiva has explained it well!

Talking from another perspective, the concept is similar to when the price per item is incorrect, then in Invoice correction request the user manually changes the price in the debit line item of the RK order.

Similarly after creating CR order with reference to the billing document, the user would have to go in to Tab Conditions and do the necessary changes.

In CR order, we could interpret PR00 as how much money we are giving back to the customer and NOT PR00 as the price of unit material.

Please note that the condition type configuration settings in V/06 should permit manually changes.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your inputs, they were very helpful!

I am now able to send credit memos through electronic billing.

This post is solved!

Regards.

Melissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melissa ,

I would prefer the following process.

Option 1:

Cancel the original billing document and then create the new billing document with the correction of price in the sales order.

or

Option 2:

Create the credit memo request(CR) with reference to billing and then the credit memo. In this case, correct the price manually.

We follow option 1 as our client is also using the Digital invoice process, which accepts the invoice cancellation

Regards

Vinu