cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30 & SAPPHONE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to install SAPPone with SAP GUI 7.30?  I know SAP Note 1670678 states that SAPPhone and SAPPhone Status Update control are no longer "delivered together" with SAP GUI for Windows 7.30.  Can be installed seperately or added to the front-end package?

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why is everyone repeating my post?  It is quite evident from my original posting that the sapphone sever is no longer delivered with SAP GUI for Windows 7.30.

If you had thousands of Call Center Agents already using the SAPPhone technology, wouldn't you be a bit concerned about impacting SLA's with another SAP GUI for Windows refresh.  Especially if SAP decided to drop components.  For a regulated corporatation we do extensive validation and it takes months to get changes trhough three landscapes.

Apparently some thought was put into SAP GUI 7.30 and an exisiting desktop SAPPhone Server is not uninstalled during the nstallation of the new SAP GUI for Windows 7.30.  I am not sure why, but the IVR process still works.  Just for my own curiosity I am interested understanding this.

Is there any information on how to prevent deleting the settings under "SAPPhone Work Center Specific Settings".  We have over 2000 Call Center Agents and we want to avoid redoing a bunch telephony desktop settings.

Cheers

Dan Mead

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

CLOEFFLER
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I'm as well looking for the latest (last) version of SAPPHONE to download.

Did you figure out how to?

I just found an hint in help.sap.com along with ERP 6.0 and Enhancement Package 6, but mentioned note 119225 does not tell me how to get it.

Kind Regards

Carsten Loeffler

CLOEFFLER
Participant
0 Kudos

In my office, I just found an GUI 7.10 CD dated November 2009 which contains SAPPHONE 2.5.8.

So this is solved.

Kind Regards,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Once SapPhone is installed the new SAP GUI 7.30 does not uninstall it.  The transition from SAP GUI 7.20 to SAP GUI 7.30 does wipe out the telephony information and there are some methods to prevent this from happening.  If you have a desktop image, make sure it includes sapphone or when a new PC's come in they can be reimaged.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

CLOEFFLER
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

it's a long time ago I've replied to this message.

Today I've tried to update GUI 7.20 (including SAPPHONE) to GUI 7.30.

And you were right: SAPPHONE got wiped away from the disk.

I then copied the SAPPHONE files rescued before upgrade to the

original directory and I was able to restart SAPPHONE.

But in fact this is not a very promising way for the future release of

SAPGUI.

I'm still looking for a way to set up SAPPHONE as a standalone application.

But it seems there is no solution for that.

Regards,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

You will also find that all the SAPPhone Work Center Specific Settings are wiped out as well.  I figured out how to restore those after the update.

The alternatives are to use BC-CTI gateways, CRM ICI interface, or BCM.

We are rolling out BBPCRM 702 SP8  and were planning on deploying the compatibility updates in SAP GUI 7.30 for Office 2013 and Windows 8.1. Until we found out SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 will be available fairly soon.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

CLOEFFLER
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

yes, I know about the alternatives. But for most of my customers these are "too much".

That tiny little SAPPHONE would have been the best way to do it.

Right now I do not see a very meaningful and promising substitute.

Do you? What will you use? CRM ICI? How will you then connect to the PBX?

Regards,

Carsten

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

With 7.30 GUI, there is no sapphone server.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30247

The note you refer to hasn't been changed since 2006

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

Unfortunately not.

As note http://service.sap.com/support/notes/171201 states,

Version 2.5.13 is the final version. There will be
no version for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, subsequent
Windows versions, or for 64-bit architectures.
The last delivery is performed with the SAP GUI for Windows 7.20.

Alternatives are:

o  All CTI gateways that are certified for the SAPphone interface
   (BC-CTI).

o  CRM-specific solutions that have implemented the ICI interface.

o  The Business Communication Manager (BCM), see
   http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=0110003587000073861
   3&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&.

Best Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree Version 2.5.13 is the final version.  It is still 32-bit and can be installed on.  This link, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/de/a9/e6d83c66df472bab059db8136e57da/content.htm, seems to indicate it can, especially refering to "saphelp-nw73".

How to

Presentation CD

The system administrator can create an installation package using SAPphone server 2.5, for example together with other front end components, and perform a network installation.

The documentation for this procedure, see the presentation CD.

From the SAP service marketplace of

SAPphone server is part of the SAP GUI patch, which is available in the SAP service marketplace to download and install available. See SAP Note 119225 for more information.

Note

The downloadable version of SAPphone is may be more current than the version on your presentation CD.

At the end of the notice.

Result

SAPphone server is installed on the computer. You must configure it now accordingly to adapt it to your telephony environment.