cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP run - not generating planned order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For one particular part, MRP run is not generating the planned order. This material has a safety stock on it and when MRP runs, it would not create the PO. Instead, the available quantity is goin in negative.

Below is the config of the material:

MRP type : PD

Max stock level : 0

Procurement Type : F

Planned del time : 14 days

Service level : 0%

Safety stock : 10

strategy grp: 40

Availability check: 02

Please let me know if you have experienced similar issue and if there is any config to check.

Thanks,

DK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you working in a retail system?

if you do, then check in WSL3 or WSL10 if your material is listed

because it is not planned despite of planning file entry when this listing is missing.

Sap explains the planning file in OSS Note 205681 - MRP: Planning file
entry for material requirements planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

That type is not allowed in our system and it's not retail. Moreover in the DBVM, i see only files for BOMs and not regular MRP material/parts.

Vijay,

here is the screenshot from QA env. QA env is also a recent prod copy so same behavior.

look at highlighted column. I was expecting to create planned order right there instead of negative. shown below MD21 and MD04 after running Md02.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

for that patricular material do you have a source list?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. PPIO,

below are the screenshots:this is a variant of mrp run which runs every 15 min. My only confusion is in the table DBVM, I don't see the NETCH files for these kind of materials ( only configurable BOMs or marketting material) however on ME21/in dbvm, I do see the file for this material that none of the

flags are checked ( not even NETCH). So I am unsure how these files are getting picked by batch when there is only one variant as below.

Below is ME03 screen

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try "1" for Scheduling  and  / or "3" for Schedule lines ?

also make sure you have valid data on ME03 screen

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. I have tried with no changes on Md04 and ME03 has all valid data.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okay.

-are you able to do the same (on this plant) but for another material?

-are you able to do the same with this material but on another plant?

(just trying to understand is that plant config or material master and relevant data..)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, MRP is running correctly for other similar materials on same plant. so I am thinking there is some material specific information/configuration. Hence I compared all possible information ( that I am aware of) with other materials and it looks the same.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good point.

i would concentrate on material master first.

say...

MRP1 -> MRP4 several importatnt fields like

Plant-sp.matl status , Planning time fence, Lot size, Scheduling values, Coverage profile , Discontin. ind,...just compare them with other 'correct' materials

also please run MM04 and try to find out all relevant changes

regarding MD21 i would try the following entries:

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've compared before opening this thread MRP1-MRP4 tabs and no difference there except lead time. And also I looked at any recent changes already and the recent change to this material was done to add the safety stock. So I compared the other material that has safety stock on it.

Also I've tried creating the files with NetCH and tried running md02, no changes.

Is there anything needs to be changed specifically after safety stock is added?

Thanks for your help,

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

what MMBE does show now ?

regards,

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very basic/first check is to see if your material 35004884 has MRP4 view value MARC-AHDIS set up as equal to 1. (Field MRP dep.requirements =1)

In this case the dep reqs are not considered for planning (and obviously there is no PFE).

Check and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MMBE shows 15 quantity which matches to MD04 available stock quantity. The problem is that the planned order nto getting created.

Although, I checked in MARC table for any record that has AHDIS = 1 and there are zero such records in the production system. And in QA I changed that value to 1 and ran MD02, and it deleted ALL planned orders so obviously it won't work.

Thanks,

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. The other check that comes to mind is the MRP group usage. By chance do you see this being used? A MRP group has its own set of parameters like planning horizon etc which has an impact on the PFE's again. Check the Pl.horizon of the MRP group, if used and ensure that it is not zero for instance, if used again. Recommendation is to have it similar to the plant level setting.

Aside, Have seen your reference to DBVM table above. Your MD04 screen shots show only Material/Plant and not Material/MRP area/Plant and hence DBVM is irrelevant in your case and for details you should be checking MDVM only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In reference to MDVM, there are zero records in production in that table so apparently we are uding DBVM only. I ran query in production for this plant, where MARC-DISGR (mrp grp) is not blank and there are zero such records that means we are not using MRP group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

just wanted to update you all that the issue was that there was a information record for this part with a planned delivery time = 999 which pushed all the planned orders way far in the future and created the issue. I wasnt aware MRP actually takes into consideration the lead time on the information record but not the material master data ( which in fact was correct in this instance). Is this standard ? or there is any setting for this in spro?

thanks,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you probably have a source list with MRP indicator at one source.

So the source determination is already carried out in the MRP run and hence SAP has the link to the info record and can pull the more specific data for this relationship from there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the below thread for your question

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1313299

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! that explains..I do have this material with the source file that has fixed source indicator on. That means the delivery time will be taken from the info record and not from the material master data.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the MD04 screen if possible, also check whether the planning file entry is there for that material in MD21. If planning file is not there mantain in MD21 for the respective planning indicator.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no open purchase req or order for this parts.

please see below attached MD04 screen. The Planned order should have been created right after 0.

and Md21. The file is present.

Is there any other setting should I look on MRP screen of material?

Thanks for your replies,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with what setting do you run your MRP? NETCH or NETPL or NEUPL

As you can see in your screen copy of planning file entries, it says zero planning file entries for NETPL and NETCH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

We run it every 15 min for NETCH. below is the screenshot for the same. Do you think somehow this part is not set up correctly to be picked up for the batch job?

Thanks,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You dont get this mateial planned with NETCH, as the planning file does not have a X in the NETCH field.

You to MD20, enter your material and plant, tick the NETCH field and hit enter.

then run your MRP again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try this in testing. However, is this the manual step usually? Shouldn't the batch job  create this file? Please let me know what batch job/program creates this file so I can check in the system.

I am not able to see the files for NETCH for other parts as well unless there is some other setting out there.. I will look and respond if this solution works. thanks so much for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant if there are any other jobs other than

Transaction OMDO or MDAB . I see MDAB being running for plant already. also I assume, NETCH = "net change planning " flag on MD20.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Jurgen said, maintian the 'X' for NETCH in MD20 and you can verify the results whether the MRP is creating planned order or not in MD02/MD03 by selecting the check box 'display results before they are saved'. This is like a test run kind of thing.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this in production in display before saving mode, however it did not make any difference. Also I searched in the table DBVM, and there are no records for NET CHANGE planning flag checked for this type of material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained the 'X' for NET CHANGE in MD20 transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. I did..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you try  MD03 with NEUPL, just to see what happens in that case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then there should be indicator 'X' for NETCH, can you please share your MD21 screen for that material again.

MD20

MD21

Regards

Vijay

shyam_shinde2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if any open Purchase order or Purchase requisition is there...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is nothing mentioned why it should execute planning for that material.

what is the current stock situation? are there any orders?

read here detailed explanation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/f4/7d252244af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm