cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate SAP Content Server from SAPDB to MaxDB, is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone, I'm using SAP Content Server with SAPDB 7.3.0.35, I will move the service to another server and I'm thinking if it is possible to migrate from SAPDB to MaxDB.

First, I don't know if it is possible, or I have to discard this option and move as it is.

Second, if it is possible I don' know the procedure to do that, to migrate from SAPDB to MaxDB, and to set the SAP Content Server to the new database (MasDB).

Anyone can help me in this migration.

In advance thank you very much to everybody.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely possible, MaxDB is simply a new name for old SAPDB.... You simply need to upgrade your DB... You'll find the manuals in SMP

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Juan, do you have a link to start the searching? Because I found many but most of them only have informatin about the Database itself, but nothing related with migration, and I have some doubt with the process.

Regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To upgrade your SAPDB 7.3 to MAXDB 7.8 you'll need to do it in two steps... first you'll need to take SAPDB to 7.5 and then to MAXDB 7.8.

The procedure is very simple... you can get both upgrade guides from:

SAP Marketplace -> Release & Upgrade Info -> Installation & Upgrade Guides -> Database Upgrades ->  SAP MaxDB

Because I found many but most of them only have informatin about the Database itself, but nothing related with migration, and I have some doubt with the process.

From the point of view of the content server itself  theres not many changes, what do you want to know?

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That you toll me put light on me, I want to do a backup/restore to create a test environment then upgrade from SAPDB until the latest version of MaxDB, but I didn't know if I have to do an intemediate step or I can do directly, but with your explanation the process is very clear.

Thank youy very much. for your answer.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome