cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_FI_TV_WEB_ASSISTANT - No Employees in List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone:

We are implementing Expense Reporting of Travel Management and coming across an issue with Travel Assistant role.

We have assigned SAP_FI_TV_WEB_ASSISTANT role in backend and required portal role to an end user; however, when this user logs in to portal and goes to My Employees section he doesn't see any employees.  In personalization, we have configured this user for Personalization Dialog "DIA_CO_CCA_TR", Selection By "H", and View "ORGALL"; so he should be able to see all the employees in the organization unit he belongs to.  I am sure we are missing something, but cannot point it out.

The same settings work for an employee who is the Manager of a given organizational unit and has the SAP_FI_TV_WEB_APPROVER role assigned in backend.

I have debugged the service and unless the user is a manager of the organizational unit, he/she does not see any employees in the Employees List.  What configuration is needed for the person with SAP_FI_TV_WEB_ASSISTANT role to be able to see all the employees in an organization unit; the organization unit that he/she is not manager of?

Any suggestion/guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jawad,

if not already done so, you have to assign SAP_FI_TV_TRAVEL_ASSISTANT as well. All these "Web"-Roles have no actual authority profiles so they don't have impact on permissions.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas:

Thanks for the reply.  We didn't have SAP_FI_TV_TRAVEL_ASSISTANT assigned thinking it wasn't needed since we are using Portal.  However, per your suggestion I have SAP_FI_TV_TRAVEL_ASSISTANT assigned, but it still doesn't return the employee list. Giving me the following message I have been getting:

Info.    No personnel numbers could be determined

One thing I forgot to mention in my initial post is that we are using Structural Authorization and I have all the required configuration completed.

Also, when I try it with Personnel Number or Cost Center configuration, it returns the employee list fine.

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jwiblepasshe22
Participant
0 Kudos

Jawad,

We are in the process of configuring and testing travel management and are having the exact same issue with the Travel Assistant IView. The assistant can use the Cost Center and Personnel Number personalization but get the "No personnel numbers could be determined" when using the Organizational Structure view.

We have followed all of the suggested OSS Notes and documentation listed above by Sally without success.

Please advise if you ever resolved this issue and, if so, how.

Thanks!

Jeff Wible

Director, SAP Human Capital Management Systems

Shared Administrative Systems

Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education

Harrisburg, PA 17110-9720

Phone: (717) 703-5435

Fax: (717) 703-5444

jwible@passhe.edu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I think the synchronization is not done.

In personalization, configure Personalization Dialog "DIA_CO_CCA_TR", Selection By "H" and View "ORGALL" ( I created a custom view ); This ensures personalization is done

Next in the backend execute Tcode : FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_M

Select the variant TRAVEL_COORD ( Or you might have to create one )

Hit Execute

Enter Selection By "H"

View = ( Your view )

Hit Save.

go to the portal and check.

Data should now show up.

If the data still doesn't show up, then either the role is not assigned properly or structural auth is preventing data access.

Let me know how it goes.

You might need to play with the Tcode a bit to get the sequence right.

--

Linkin

This en

0 Kudos

There is a KBA that outlines this process:

1622954 - How to maintain employee list for manager or approver using transaction FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_S

It might be useful if you run into problems with this tcode.    

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff:

Are you using Structural Authorization?  That's what the issue was for us.  I think in one of my replies to another thread I mentioned that.

Since we are not going to stop using Structural Authorization, we decided to go the route of Personnel Number "P" Personalization for Travel Assistants/Admins.  This way Travel Assistants can enter expense reports for any employee.

Hope that help you resolve your issue.  If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome. I knew there was document out there. Thank you for sharing the number.

0 Kudos

Hi Jawad

Did you check through the steps in the KBA  1622954 with regard to this topic?

Please also check the authorization objects as per this documentation;

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/b6/cda0db49e911d189060000e8322f96/content.htm

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally:

Thank you for your suggestions.

I did go through the mentioned KBA 1622954 and checked the authorization objects.  They are included in SAP_FI_TV_WEB_ASSISTANT.

Also, when I try it with Personnel Number or Cost Center configuration, it returns the employees list fine.  For it to work based on Organization Unit, I am not sure if it's possible, but do I need to make the person (Travel Assistant) responsible for the Organization Unit; as it is done for the manager?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Jawad

That could  be your problem there as in Travel Management we do not support structural authorization...so we dont check the auth object P_ORIGINCON. To get it to work as a similar approach, we usually recommend a BAdI implementation on FITV_PERSNO_AUTH_CHK (see the documentation via SE18).

Do you have this active?    

thanks

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally:

Thank you for the input.

We are still in the process of deciding which route to go; therefore, haven't looked into the implementation of this BADI.  Once decision is made, I will update this message.

Thanks,

jwiblepasshe22
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.