Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail adapter not initialized Error

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on the Mail Adapter for the first time. My PI system is newly installed system. My scenario is Mail to abap proxy scenario. this is practice scenario

and i followed this link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Step+by+Step+Mail+To+File+Scenario.

i am getting not initialized Error in communication channel.

this is a practice scenario . i'll explian my requirement

mail adapter needs to pick attachment from inbox to needs to posted ecc by using  proxy.

in mail adapter communication channel there is URL* tab what should i need to give?

because i am using my company outlook mail.

i have company webmail also. i used my webmail in URL tab in communication channel

please suggest me.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you used the prefix imap:// or pop3:// ?

Is mail adapter activated? try reactivating it.

Is the adapter configured and deployed in your Web Application server?

If you have upgraded recently, try restarting the adapter entry.

Warm Regards,

Karthik

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Karthik,

have you used the prefix imap:// or pop3:// ?-----> i used pop3

Is mail adapter activated? try reactivating it.-----> i activated the communication channel

Is the adapter configured and deployed in your Web Application server?--->  how to delpoy & configure in my web appication server?..  in Integration directory in adapters selction list i can see mail adapter do we need to delpoy drivers like jdbc dirvers for mail adapters also. please suggest me

If you have upgraded recently, try restarting the adapter entry.: no this newly installed PI system

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the status of the Mail adapter in the RWB (component monitoring)? If you find any error status, please let your SAP PI Admin know it and ask him to reinstall the adapter.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi karthik,

I am getting not intilaized error in mail adapter communication channel.

how to install mail adapter? please give me any helpful links or documents.

Regards,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending upon the type of transport protocol (pop3 or IMAP) define the URL. Chk note: 856599

Thanks

Amit Srivastava