cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Structure - with one source assignment

s_v15
Explorer
0 Kudos

I understand the concept of the source structure and the allocation structure but i have a question and the setup in my system is contradicting in the way I understood how it works.

For instance, in my scenario we have an project profile and an allocation profile is setup with the cost element group and using settlement by cost element. this is clear. A source assignment ( or multiple source assignments) is setup in the allocation structure.

Now coming to the  source structure, considering the project profile setup is only for one type of costs and there is no split involved. Is there a need to have a source structure with just one source assignment as the costs are not being segregated

Can you confirm this is not needed.

Or if there is a need can someone clarify the purpose of setting up a source structure in such cases where there is only one source assignment.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your case, you can avoid source structure.

s_v15
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, But i found out a source structure is needed when I setup an investment profile (OITB) source structure is a required field.

Again the help on the field says the below

Source structures consist of more than one source assignment. In a source assignment, you group all the debit cost elements together that use the same rules, and are to be distributed after settlement.

So functionally it does not seem to serve any purpose as i just have one source assignment but technically needed??? is this correct.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OITB is required if you need to generate more than one AUC for a WBS ELement as per the source structure. If you dont have such requirement to generated more than one AUC for a WBS Element then you can avoid OITB configuration. Also, you should not tick the check box "AUC per source structure" in OITA, otherwise OITB will be mandatory.

Answers (0)