cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close transaction data in sales when moving to new company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My customer wants to move processes to a new Company. I know technically what to do, but I am a little bit unsure about transaction data of sales.

• What should be done in case of open orders with partial GI, or open orders with partial GI and partial Billing? Open order items (w/o GI and Bil) of course can be given a reason for rejection.
  • And what should be done with payment of sent billing, since this might happen weeks later?

Regards Kees

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx,

All of you.

I understand and agree. In general if GI postings has been done, then the subsequent processing should be carried out as well, means bill (+release bill) the Issued items. Open Order items should be marked with a reason for rejection.

Regards Kees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kees ,

Once the Cut-Over date is decided, it will be informed to business to close all the transaction in the system. They are as follows

1) Do the billing for all the deliveries for which GI is done.

2) If picking is not done, Cancel the delivery document,. If picking is done, do the PGI and bill it.

Regarding the payment not received for the billing document, check with FI team. Mostly they will move it as account receivable against the customer in new company.

With Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • What should be done in case of open orders with partial GI, or open orders with partial GI and partial Billing? Open order items (w/o GI and Bil) of course can be given a reason for rejection.

At cut-over date, if it is still not billed, have to cancel GI and migrate remaining qty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear  Kees

The best way to do make a cut over date and close all the open contracts, orders etc of the previous company and make a fresh one in the new company code, else compassion will start and everything will become a mess.

And what should be done with payment of sent billing, since this might happen weeks later?

For second you have to receive all the payments in the previous company code only because all the cheques and amount will be on the name of previous company code only and after receiving there you transfer to new company code one by one by this you will have proper check also. i.e. is when the amount is received and proper realization report also.

Regards

Ashish