cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party + Sub contracting

former_member227232
Active Contributor

Hi,

We use ECC 6.0 EHP5 for the new functionality Direct shipment which combines Third Party + Subcontracting,

Process followed is

1. Sales Order with Item category TADS
  2. PR automatically creation once credit check is released.
  3. PR to PO which has account assignment X and item category L
  4. Components transfer to Sub contractor ME2ON
  5. Virtual Goods Receipt for Components and Assembly consumption- Mandatory
  6. Logistics Invoice Verification for Vendor Invoice
  7. Customer Billing based on MIRO

However we face difficulty in getting the VPRS Cost in Customer Billing Document as it refers to MIRO which does not consider Material costs of Assembly and components. Hence COPA is not getting updated. Our requirement is to have Billing Pricing copy control from MIGO and not from MIRO so as to update COPA.

Any clues?

Regards,

Vengat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

patrick_fichtner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we face the same issue, and I stumbled across following KBA: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2200601

Up to now I was not able to find a solution. Any ideas and feedback welcome...

Thanks

Patrick

christian_rosa
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

For third party subcontracting, the PO and the invoice cost will 

always only have the subcontracting fees and not include the cost of raw materials. It is standard behavior, if you need cost on those then it is required customized code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CHristian:

i met the similar problem.

in the PO it has material cost 100 and freight cost 10.

after the MIGO, the VPRS in sales billing is 110.

but after MIRO, the VPRS in sales billing changed to 100 (110-10).

and i saw that in your comment, you said it required customized code.

could you please explain more?

thanks,

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vengat,

do you have already a solution for that, because i´m facing currently the same problem.

The GR value consist only of services but not of the components we have added.

Would be great if you have already solved that issue and let me know how ,-)

Cheers,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anybody explain about this feature please?

Regards,

Shivendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting to know that there is a new functionality to cover both third party and subcontracting. Although i havent tried this, but i hope my reply would help.

1. standalone standard third party sales order had the sales order price as reference for revenue with procured item cost as the COGS. no inventory valuation therefore material map or standard price is not considered.

2. standalone subcontracting PO reflects a PO price for the service and supplier provided materials as part of the PO price. This is to ensure that the company pays vendor for the service and materials. The company supplied materials are part of consumption once GRed. I believe this reduces the RM inventory GL and increase the FG/SFG inventory value.

3. if this new functionality has PO with account assignment X and item category L (instead of S), does it contain sales order number with delivery address to customer (inherent function of the third party PO) and BOM items (inherent function of subcon)? If subcontract vendor supplies the subcon service and materials, will this be the PO price?

4. when you perform the statistical goods receipt, what is the posting entries? Can you provide material document screenshot?

5. can you test with a config change on Billing Pricing copy control to point to MIRO instead of MIGO. Since this is a new functionality i suspect that the SAP code behind it might consider material costs consumption after MIRO but will not respect it during MIGO. The COGS might be considering only the GR amount excluding the consumed material costs. Also, you may want to work with ABAP resource to trace this area to confirm the SAP code.

share your findings.

former_member227232
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a new feature from ECC 6.0 EHP5

Will be pleased to have any thoughts?

Regards,

Vengat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this still an issue?

have you tried using tcode KE4SFI to tranfer FI document to COPA.

I faced a similar issue - PO created with AcctAssgCat 'X' and Item Cat 'S' for DIEN materials. when we are doing MIGO, we are hitting some cost of sales accounts instead of inventory and we want the values flow to COPA as well, but with this setup, initially there was no COPA document created. After I ran the tcode with correct originating business transaction (in this case - RMWE), the COPA documents were generated.

hope it helps

Regards,

Sagar K