cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Transfer from one web dynrpro Application to another application and vice versa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is:

I have a link to action (or Button ) on  view in comp1 on click on the link i have to call the other component( Comp2) that will open a new browser window. In this window we'll do some operation ( in comp2 ) & now we have to send the result to the previous browser window and need to close the current window.

One more Question in the comp1's view where we can get the result ( on which method ).

Right now i am using the interface node for communication between two components.

Any Help Will be appreciate.

Thanks

Saurabh Shrivastava

+91 8951319801

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_aravindan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Say we are Having a interface node A in the component 1. and we are Having a another interface node B in component 2. So Through node A data will be passed from component 1 to component 2.  Now after doing some calculation, you can keep the result in the interface node B which is created in the component 2.

So now you can return back to the component 1. where the interface node B

will be having the datas of the result. From there you can perform your operations.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/PassingValues/Page1.htm

Read this link , which describes the data transfer with help of interface node from 1 component to another component. and after that we can do vice versa for our case.

Regards

Arvnd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

In this tutorial user is sending data from one comp to other we need the data from the second component to first component ie. just opposite of this. This is one way process we know this, we need data in opposite direction as well.

Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks

Saurabh Shrivastva

+918951319801

m_aravindan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh,

The question you posted is , that you want to transfer data from Component 1 to component 2 . and then from component 2 to component 1.

is it correct ?

Else if u want , only to transfer data from component 2 to component 1 means , you can use

the same tutorial , use the components vice versa.....

Regards

Arvnd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Actually My requirement is

on click of button i have to call the new browser window there we'll do operation & now i have to send the data back & need to close the browser.

In this tutorial he is calling the application again

* Get the URL of the called application
call method cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url
exporting
  application_name              =
'ZZ_CALLED_APPLICATION'
importing
out_absolute_url              = w_url.

In this case all the data which is on the view will be lost & the application will be called from the starting point.

Thanks.

Saurabh Shrivstava

+8951319801