cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

greetings to sdn users

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

can anyone let me know the process of doing unit testing and integration testing in sd , i know that unit testing will be done in the dev server and integ in qa server . kindly provide me the details along with practical scenario

urgent replies will be appreciated

thanks

kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

I hope my document sent through mail helps you. Please do not forget to award points since it is a practical doc.

Rajib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.,

Can u pls send me the testing doccument,my mail id is narayana.sapsd@yahoo.co.in,Thanks in Advance

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls send the same document to me also,thanks in advance.

reagads,

raju

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

I am a new member to this forum. I have 3 yrs of exp in space selling and 3yrs in BPO. I am in ambiguity for SD or CRM. Pl advise me on this. Thanks in advance.

regards

mahend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone plz forward those doc to afrozemujtaba@gmail.com

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

Sorry to put it this way but I think you forget to put points for my efforts. Please award me suitable points.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you srini and rajib

my mail id is kdhanekula@gmail.com

regards

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already despatched the practical scenario of unit testing as well as integration testing to your mail id and expect it will solve your querry.

Rajib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajib,

Can you please send the document to mail id : Senrithish@yahoo.co.in.

Regards,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajib Mahalik

Can you pls send one copy to me also regarding practical scenario of unit and integration test.

MY mail id saigprasad@yahoo.com

Thanks&Regards

Prasad.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajib

Can u pls send me the doccument on testing

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Unit Testing is carried out to test the process pertaining to a single module.

Integration Testing is carried out to test the entire scenario especially how one module correlates with the other.

for example in SD -

Testing if Inquiry, Quotation, Sales Order, Delivery Documents, Billing Documents is Unit Testing,

Testing if Requirements are transferred, Accounting/ Controlling documents are generated, G/L account postings have been done etc fall under Integration Testing.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please furnish your e-mail id for attaching doc.

Rajib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Give me your mail Id i will send you some notes

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

One scenario could be for any output message being sent to external party (eg..contract manufacturer)..

Functional unit testing would be to ensure the output type is being determined correctly in the SD document

And integration testing would be that the output message is being received by the external party.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

What does the following terms means :

- Technical Unit Testing

- Functional Unit Testing

- IntegrationTesting

- Volume Testing

- Parallel Testing?

Technical Unit Testing= Test of some technical development such as a user exit, custom program, or interface. the test usually consists of a test data set that is processed according to the new program. A successful test only proves the developed code works and that it performed the process as as designed.

Functional Unit Testing= Test of configuration, system settings or a custom development (it may follow the technical unit testing) These usually use actual data or data that is masked but essentially the same as a real data set. A successful test shows that the development or configuration works as designed and the data is accurate as a result.

IntegrationTesting= Testing a process, development or configuration within the context of any other functions that the process, development or functionality will touch or integrate . The test should examine all data involved across all modules and any data indirectly affected. A successful test indicates that the processes work as designed and integrate with other functions without causing any problems in any integrated areas.

Volume Testing= testing a full data set that is either actual or masked to insure that the entire volume does cause system problems such as network transmission problems, system resources issues, or any systemic problem, A successful test indicates that the processes will not slow or crash the system due to a full data set being utilized.

Parallel Testing= Testing the new system or processes with a complete data set while running the same processes in the legacy system. A successful test will show identical results when both the legacy system and new system results are compared.

I would also note that when a new implementation is being done you will want to conduct at least one cut over test from the old system to the new and you should probably do several.

Please award points if found useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah

Thank you rakesh for your imm response

ur reply helped me to some extent, i would appreciate you if you provide me a scenario to do functional unit testing and integration testing pertaining to sap sd

like a practical situation of doing testing

thanks

kishore