Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC with multiple PI connections for proxy setup

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need a bit information about ECC with multiple PI connections 7.0 and 7.3. Please help me on this.

Actually, i am  doing proxy setup as one ECC with XI7.0 & PI7.3.

Just i would you know about required connections.

So far, existing setup already running ECC --> XI7.0, now we are adding PI7.3

I have done additional steps like, in ECC, sxmb_adm --> integration engine & Configure Sender/ReceiverID as below

RUNTIME    IS_URL                                                                            dest://XID_IS
RUNTIME    IS_URL    SI_OA_CANCEL_OB        dest://PID_TEST

and also done, Configure Sender/ReceiverID.

ECC --> XI7.0

--> PI7.3  --> third party SOAP

If i test the proxy messages, message is reaching to XI7.0 with No_receiver_case error but not moving to PI7.3

Please let me know, what other steps required ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setup different Integration server destinations in SM59: one for 7.0 and one for 7.3

Create the Sender/receiving ID Transaction SXMSIF, for this you need to specify

Service

Interface name

Interface Namespace

define the routing rule transaction SXMB_ADM > Integration Engine Configuration > Specific Configuration

Click change – view (pencil with glasses) then new entry

Cathegory: RUNTIME

Parameters: IS_URL

Subparameter: the name of the Sender/receiver ID you create in previous step

Prefix: uncheck

Current Value: dest://RFC destination name(case sensitive, please use the integration server RFC that connects to 7.3 system)

Default Value: blank

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gilbert,

Excellent. You are in same track.

previously, I have done all steps as per my above message.

But, only thing service -i put as *.  And, i diid these all steps before project.

In new project, message is not going to PI 7.3 system. In ECC, sxmb_moni,..  no error but  struck in QUEUE with READY status only.

Am i required to maintain any RFC any XI --> PI ?

Deva

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First Delete all LUW in SMQ1 of ECC, then try to execute.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, please delete all the messages that were sent, you may wana test with new data, on the other hand in the sender/receiver ID  information should be the same as the one in you receiver determination, so instead of "*" you may want to use the one found there(in the receiver determination)

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Gilbert,

this interface ECC proxy --> PI --> SOAP

in my last project, i given only sender information in Sender/receiverID. am required to give Receiver also for better improvement ?

any RFC s required in XI or PI system NWA  for this approach ?

please let me how to contact you, you can ping me in vasudev.gem@gmail.com

Actually, on monday, i check ABAP code which i doesn't have access to see code, delete SMQ2 all, add additional parameres in sender/receiverID .....and lets see again.

Thanking you.

Thanking for your information.

Deva

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah, I would suggest to give more information at sender/receiver ID, also please paste the trace of the test messages to further analize

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Gilbert,

Please check the details below.

but still it is connecting to XI only ,

trace log ....

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gilbert,

Please check below,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a blog on connecting one application server to multiple PI servers on older versions of PI.

http://scn.sap.com/people/sandro.garofano2/blog/2009/09/02/connect-sap-application-system-to-multipl...

We had a similar requirement reimplementing from XI3.0 to PI7.3, but have not actually tried this solution.  We will cutover all proxy interfaces together/

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you tryin to set the PI 7.3 as a fail-over system?

Using AEX as fail-over system

You can transport complete integration scenarios (integration content from the ES Repository) as well as the configuration content (Integration

Directory) from a productive landscape (for example based on a SAP NetWeaver PI standard installation) to a fail-over landscape based on AEX.

Note that this transport option is restricted to those Integration Directory objects that are supported by AEX, for example integrated configurations

Remember that for this case, Manual swich-over procedures must be set up and carefully planned

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Roadrigo,

ECC to Multiple PI systems ? Is it mandatory to install AEX on PI7.3 to connecte the Proxy set up for multiple PI systems ? Now trying PI7.0 & PI7.3

deva

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

Were you able to achieve the above? I am having same requirement right now.

I have done same configuration in our sand box system. Multiple PI configuration is working when I am putting the User name  in Subparameter against IS_URL as described in following blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/sandro.garofano2/blog/2009/09/02/connect-sap-application-system-to-multipl...

However, it is not working with Sender/Receiver Id.Any Idea?

Regards,

Sami.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

I don't think what you are trying to achieve is possible. As far as I remember, you can only point ECC to one Integration Server at a time. Are you trying to send the message to 2 integration servers at the same time?

Regards, Trevor

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Trevor,

Yes, it is possible. One ECC can connect to multiple PI systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

You need to create some more settings in ECC to connect PI 7.3

1. LCRSAPRFC destination type T in ECC

2. SAPSLDAPI destination type T in ECC

3. SLDAPICUST in ECC pointing to PI 7.3

4. Finally check SLDCHECK

But I don't think ECC will allow to create the RFC Destination, because those connections already exist for PI 7.0 system.

Thanks,

Satish.