cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria7SP1, Android notification failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm successful enroll Android device to the Afaria server and pushed the android configuration policy and application during the enrollment process, but I cannot send any notification such as lock and apply policy from the afaria server, Android device didn't perform any action and there is no error log generated in the afaria server log as well.

As information, I has created Google api project, activate Google Cloud Messaging for Android and create a new Browser Key without restrictions.

Next, I configure the GCM project reference and api key to the server configuration. but I still could not send the notification. Is that any step missing or there have any setting I should configure to make it work?

Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,

Choong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As one of my suspect that is the Afaria server could not get the SMS address of the android device.

and the android inventory GCM registration ID show "not Present"

Can anyone help to give some advise.

Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you created your Enrollment policy for Android, did you include your GCM Project ID in the Enrollment policy?

If not then create an Android Configuration Policy and in the Android - Device Communications section, fill in all of the server communication information correctly, including the GCM Project ID.

Then once this is done, from the Android client run the Afaria session so that you get the updated policy.

Then you should find that you can send the outbound messages to the device.

Regards,

Stephen

Vivek_Das
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Y is that the Phone number for android devices are not visible in the Android Device inventory page??

I am able to enroll the device and do actions via GCM. In the inventory I can see all details with regard to SIM has been retrieved except Phone number.

Phone Number:
Phone SIM Operator:EDGE
Mobile Operator:airtel

Phone SIM subscriber ID:404450XXXXXXXXX
Phone SIM serial number:899145XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Phone SIM state:SIM_STATE_READY
Phone SIM operator code:40445
Phone SIM operator name:airtel
Phone SIM country ISO:in
GCM Registration ID:Present
Rooted:No

I am trying to send a SMS message to the device. I created a Channel to send a message to the device and then associated it with a session policy. I linked this session policy with the Device. Now when I do a Run channel and select the policy, I can see in the client logs that the SMS policy is pushed but I do not receive an SMS. I was wondering how to let Afaria know which Phone number to send the SMS too.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All

I encounter the same issue, is there have someone tell my how to solve this problem, Thank you for your help.

Best Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found an error when I apply lock action in the afaria server. Error like the following:

ONS1032: Could not determine the SMS Client Address for the specified client,

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please help.