cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale pricing with a flat rate upto a certain quantity

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where based  on a combination of  price list type in header and material code in line item, the pricing should be as follows:

"Flat Rate of 395 USD  upto 3 units  and 125 dollar  for every additional unit  after 3 units."

For eg : if qty is 4, charge should be  395 +125= 520 USD

and if  qty is 2, charge should be 395 USD since there is a flat rate upto 3 units.

This pricing package has to be maintained for unique combination  of price list and material code. 

We have explored using graduated scales but condition records donot allow us to maintain a fixed charge upto certain quanity in particular slab.

Please help if  someone knows the solution to this problem.

Regards,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Many Thanks for your inputs. I have gone with an option of using two condition types: a fixed amount (for charging the flat rate)  and scale condition type ( for  further price slabs).

Regards,

kunal

ajith_kumar10
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

in condition type pl maintain calculation type B

and in scales (scale basis -B,check value -B scale type B)

in condition record

in scales maintain to 3 maintain 395

for 4 - 520

for 5- 645 like wise you maintain and check

regards

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

This seems to be an Easy solution.but is it not impractical.. for a Qty like 1000 Units.

so till how much Qty will the user keep on maintaining the Scales.

The Formulae are provided to make the same easy and avoid the kind of situation you described above

ajith_kumar10
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

I have come across the same issue but there the maximum qty used is 30.

I have done with the same logic.

but as you said for 1000 units its a huge task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write routine for particular condition type and maintained in required column, If item will exceeds min quantity  calculate the each quantity as mainted in condition regards(125USD) and keep that condition type as manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

As per initial Understanding, I think there are 3 cases in this

1. if Qty < a Base Unit then an item wise price is applicable

2. if Qty = a base unit (like 3 EA in case explained by Kunal) then a Base Package Price i.e. 395

3. for every unit exceeding the Base Unit, a Price of 125 per Unit needs to be added.

so the routine has to take all these 3 cases in consideration for pricing to remain coherant.

Former Member
0 Kudos
ZPR1150for Qty ❤️
ZPR2395for Qty=3
ZPR3125for Qty>3
basic Price (ZPR00)(using Routine) select the correct the Condition from the 3 above based on logic below

for a BASE CHARGE Qty Take Scale Value from ZPR2 this will act as your base price for a fixed charge Qty.

so if Material Qty = BASE CHARGE Qty from Above use condition ZPR2
if Material Qty > BASE CHARGE Qty from above use Condition (ZPR3*(Qty-Scale Value)+ZPR2)
if Materail Qty<BASE CHARGE Qty use ZPR1*Qty.
0 Kudos

Hi T W, this flat rate qty will actually depend on the material and price package I use in my document. I amusing a combination of a fixed amount  and scale condition type. But I have now another issue whihc I have posted http://scn.sap.com/thread/3270613. An example is also shown there.

Thanks for you help!

Kunal

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

I have replied to your "other" post.

To narrow down your issue, is the part with price (PR00) solved? (for below 3 units and for above 3 units).

And is the only issue now w.r.t. the surcharge?

Please give examples of the surcharge in various situations.

FYI: With surcharge condition type you can have all the functionalities e.g. scales etc. etc.

0 Kudos

I am using scale type D but I have another problem there now. Have posted that as well below. 

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3270613

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

For the second condition type, for quantity above 3 units, using a surcharge might work but  this  flat rate quantity level will change for combination of  different materials and price list maintained at header level.

So I have opted to use a combination of  fixed amount and a scale condition type which gives me the intended result.  But now  I have another issue with  graduated scales which I have posted at http://scn.sap.com/thread/3270613

Regards,

Kunal

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

For the second condition type, for quantity above 3 units, using a surcharge might work but  this  flat rate quantity level will change for combination of  different materials and price list maintained at header level.

Please provide two different examples for your above comment.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

"Flat Rate of 395 USD  upto 3 units  and 125 dollar  for every additional unit  after 3 units."

For the minimum 395USD you could use PMIN condition type (Functionality of minimum price at line item level), for a condition table of Price list & material code.

For each additional unit simply maintain the condition record (e.g. for PR00), for a condition table of Price list & material code = 125USD

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

How will PR00  consider the quantity for 125 USD per unit charge.I believe it will simply calculate the price as 125*4 as 500. So total price will become 500(from PR00)  + 395( from PMIN)= 895 instead of 520

Regards,

Kunal

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Thank you for your example!

I believe there are 2 cases to consider:

1. Quantity Below or equal to 3 Units - Use functionality PMIN = 395.

Explanation for 3 Units

PR00 = 3*125 = 375USD which is less than 395USD, thus the line item value shall become 395USD.

2. Quantity Above 3 Units

Have a surcharge condition type which shall trigger if the quantity > 3

The value of this surcharge would be = 20USD

Explanation for 10 Units

2.1 Your way of calculating -

For 3 units = 395, for the rest 7 units = 125*7= 875

Total = 1270USD

2.2 My way of calculating -

PR00 = 125

Thus total = 125*10 =1250USD

PLUS surcharge = 20USD because the quantity > 3

Thus GRAND total = 1270USD

Side comment -

So total price will become 500(from PR00)  + 395( from PMIN)= 895 

PMIN functionality does not work the way you have mentioned.

If the line item value is less than 395, then the line item value during saving changes to 395USD

If the line item value is 500, then the line item value shall remain 500USD.