Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Reset; HTTP 200 OK Error..in a SAP to Web Service synchronous call

former_member55105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an ABAP report where in we extract the data from SAP and make a synchronous call to a web service using PI and then web service response comes back to SAP.

The SAP PI version that we are running on is 7.3 with patch level 7.

After the report runs for a certain time, I am encountering a connection reset error. Below is the error that I see in MONI.

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: Connection Reset; HTTP 200 OK

From SAP to PI and and PI to the web service, we are using SOAP sender and SOAP receiver adapter respectively.

I tried troubleshooting but no luck. Has anybody encountered this kind of error? Any help in this regard is really appreciated!!

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure if this would help, but have you checked if the timeout in your ICM matches those of your SOAP Adapter?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Without exact details of your scenario I personally would investigate the design of this.

Connection reset is sometimes related to periods of inactivity or timeouts. Depending on how your design is pertaining to the SOAP call to have to keep it under 60 seconds or start adjusting system settings.

Evaluate how long your report run time is, check how much of data is being sent across to web service, check at what point the SOAP call is made to PI (in the Abap code) & whether it can complete (i.e. request / response cycle) comfortably in under 60 seconds. Those are some things to check on your side, it can also be that there might be an issue on the target system too...

Regards, Trevor

former_member55105
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Trevor!!

The report generally extracts several thousand records and can run for several hours. Each message that processed in PI is of the size 30-50 KB. We tried running the ABAP report bypassing PI and the report ran fine without any issues, so I don't think there is any issue with the target system. Do you have any other thoughts? And its only when we use PI...after processing 1k or 2k records, we are are seeing this Connection Reset issue.

You mentioned that we can change the 60 sec. time limit for the SOAP call by adjusting the system settings. Could you please throw some more light on this?

Thanks a ton for your help!!

Regards

Vijay

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

take a look the de OS Note: 1621719 - Timeout parameters in SOAP Sender/Receiver Adapter

former_member55105
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rodrigo!! I implemented the note 1621719 and ran the report. The report ran for almost 2-3 hours and then failed again with a Connection Reset error. The SAP note 1621719 talks about timeouts but looks my issue has something to do with the connection reset. Do you have any other suggestions or directions?

Thanks,

Vijay

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check with target system and see if there is any network issue at the web service hosting location.  Is this problem occurs every time or once in  few hours?  If it is once in few hours then you might want to discuss with the target system first. 

Also check this thread.. Very similar issue

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1317475