Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Engineering record Types in PLM 7.02

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

I would like to know whats the differences in the Engineering Record type in PLM 7.02.

CRED, CREP, RELD and RELP in what way these are different from ECRD and ECRP.

Any Inputs is much appreciated

Please do let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Jo Petz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

thanks for your question.

the new record types support the new Status & Release Management functionalities of SAP PLM 7.02, so there are a couple of things different as compared to ECRD and ECRP:

1. Status profile of record types

2. Header data

3. Record item attributes

4. Release logic on top of object status

CRED - Change & Release Record, Date effectivity

CREP - Change & Release Record, Parameter effectivity

RELD - Release Record, Date effectivity

RELP - Release Record, Parameter effectivity

See also the Help Portal:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/16/70c9004ced4a2ebf141387585a8819/content.htm?framese...

Please find details on Status & Action Management with SAP PLM 7.02 here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/f9/8ceb3db76a401bac4c456d718d0f46/frameset.htm

and an overview of all SAP PLM 7.02 innovations:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000731679&

Regards, Ulf.

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Thank you very much for the detailed answer.

I have some more questions coming up from the description. Sorry this might be dumb, but wanted to get clarified.

CRED - Change & Release record, Date effectivity.

RELD - Release Record, Date effectivity.

Does this mean that I cannot make any changes to my record if I use RELD and CRED  means I can change and release.

I have a requirement for parameter effectivity where the effectivity is based on Document revision level. Any thoughts on this would be really helpful.

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

good additional questions 🙂

You still can do changes to your objects even if you use the Release Record (RELD/RELP), but focus of this record is primarily on switching the status of the objects to a "Released" one (a status flagged as "Release relevant" requires specific authorizations), hence only has the fields that are targeted at releasing objects in the data model of the record type (at header, item level).

Can you elaborate a bit more on your parameter effectivity requirement in a separate post or mail/message to me?  Probably we can then close out this post.

Thanks, Ulf.

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Ulf,

Sorry to check back on the same post.

Can I use Order Change Management process via Engineering Record. Is there a option of using RECD and RELD for OCM. Please advice

Thanks & Regards

Joe

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OCM is related to the underlying Change Master(s) you are using to make your changes planned with the Engineering Record effective (e.g. by change item), not directly to the Engineering Records. So there is no direct connection here.

Regards, Ulf.

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Ulf,

Why ER does not have the option of creating a Change Master with Release Key?

Can you give me some thoughts on RELD and RELP am not sure if I can use these to generate a change master with release key?

Need your suggestion to handle OCM theough ER / Change master. I believe in order to execute OCM I need have a release key functionality.

Please advice

Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

I the IMG activity 'Make Settings for Engineering Records', you can specify change master creation attributes. You can create a profile with Release Key indicator selected, and then use this profile as one of the creation attributes in Engineering Records IMG.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Rajeev

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the answer, Can you give me additional information for "You can create a profile with Release Key indicator selected". Do I need to do this under Change master profile settings and then assign it under Engineering record attributes. If yes can you provide some information on setting the release indicator under the profile.

Kindly advice

Thanks

Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

You are right. I need to correct my answer. You cannot include the Release Key indicator in the profile itself. But you can include profile and release key indicator in the creation attributes against specific statuses of the ER.

So, for status X, you can map the release key 1, and the change master will be created with this release key. When the ER assumes status Y, and if it is mapped to release key 2, the release key in the linked change master will be changed appropriately.

Regards,

Rajeev

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Rajeev

I got this fixed.

Thanks & Regards

Jo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Ulf. I will submit a new post for the effectivity.